Thread: Why Are Paysite Domain Names Getting Longer? LOL

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Why Are Paysite Domain Names Getting Longer? LOL

I dont understand the need for sponsors to launch four, or even five word paysite names, there are still loads of decent domain names available but it seems like more and more over the past couple of years the names of sponsors paysites are getting longer and longer :eek:

Its not going to be long before we all end up promoting ThePaysiteWithTheLongestDomainNameEver.com :eek:

Im seriously trying to figure out if its lack of original ideas, or lack of research on the part of sponsors launching these sites with dumb names that are far to long.

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Like everything else, I think it's laziness. It takes time and effort to come up with clever, available names that are short, and even more time and competence to get names that are dropping, or negotiate to buy them from squatters or people no longer using them.

I think the people with the giganticlongnames aren't really thinking with a business/marketing mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I dont understand the need for sponsors to launch four, or even five word paysite names, there are still loads of decent domain names available...
    Yeah tell me about it! I brainstormed a bit and registered 18jo.com a while ago. It's just more brain work then it was a couple years ago :crybaby:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Thanks Lee

You just gave me an idea for a new domain (like I need to be collecting anymore !!!)

Anyways ... I just picked up FratCum.com

I likey... I likey alot!
    Domain inventory sale.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmpitLover View Post
    Thanks Lee

You just gave me an idea for a new domain (like I need to be collecting anymore !!!)

Anyways ... I just picked up FratCum.com

I likey... I likey alot!
    Thats okay, i picked up around 100 domains in the last couple of days based on some of the discussions we've had on GWW

http://www.wamguys.com
    http://www.gaysploshing.com
    Etc, etc, etc...

Thats what i mean though, with so many GREAT short, to the point domains available, why are companies wasting time on domain names that surfers arent even going to remember once they hit the first tour page?

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Wow, that's a REALLY great domain name! Wish I'd thought of it... short, easy to remember, distinctive.

Just goes to show that if you put some serious thought, there are plenty of good possibilities out there.... and I would also argue that having a name like "18jo.com" is actually *easier* to promote and brand generally than a generic name like "jerkoff.com" because people won't remember if it's jerkoff or jackoff or whackoff or whatever. During the dotcom boom, one of the big real estate companies, I think it was rent.com, had that problem... they spent a fortune in billboards and discovered that people couldn't remember if it was "rent" or "house" or "home" or what.

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Wow, that's a REALLY great domain name! Wish I'd thought of it... short, easy to remember, distinctive.

Just goes to show that if you put some serious thought, there are plenty of good possibilities out there.... and I would also argue that having a name like "18jo.com" is actually *easier* to promote and brand generally than a generic name like "jerkoff.com" because people won't remember if it's jerkoff or jackoff or whackoff or whatever.
    Definately.. and tshirts or hats with a splat and squirtit.com or 18jo.com written over it wont be offensive to people on the street
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com