Thread: 'This Site Retains Well' - Okay But Why?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

'This Site Retains Well' - Okay But Why?

I cant count the amount of times i have read, heard or seen someone say that a specific site 'retains well' however, when asked why, most people are totally unsure of why a specific site retains well.

Some say it is because of the content being used on the site, some say because of the price point being used, some say because of the layout, some say it is because there are no upsells, some say it is a mixture of all the above.

So in your opinion, why do sites retain well, what makes a surfer who becomes a member to a paysite retain past the first, second or third month?

Regards,

Lee

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. lisa's Avatar
    Good question Lee!

I can only speak first hand based on our experience with our members and the feedback we've received from them.

They stay with us as a result of offering both quality and quantity of content, consistent regular updates, stellar customer support 24/7 and our requesting them to participate in content suggestions & decisions, interface changes and other things that may affect their Badpuppy experience.

The fact that our price point is lower than most sites, that have half the content we have does not hurt either.

In summary I think that to retain well and for a long period of time it takes a package of offerings to have the best success.

I say that as long as your members are getting what they want, they're seeing regular new content that's good, you're not fucking with them and they feel it's a good value.. they stick with you.

not much more I can add.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children. chubbs's Avatar
    Content/Updates are #1 to me as a surfer so I imagine it's the same for the surfers on my sites. I hate joing a site only to "use" all their content and them not update.

--Chubbs

Ounique
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

So in your opinion, why do sites retain well, what makes a surfer who becomes a member to a paysite retain past the first, second or third month?

Regards,

Lee

Here's my thinking.

1.) Content - It's obvious if you don't have what they want they will move elsewhere.

2.) Updates - I'll apply this worldly. Updates how offten how much, that will make or break you. I personally think 75% of sites out there, don't update enough or as much content as they should.

3.) Personality - It's the person behind it that people need to like. Example. When DonMike was at Ounique, people loved him! In fact I hear multiple times a day how I am no DM. Bitter? no why should I be? I bring my own flavor to Ounique. You want to captivate people.

That's just me