Thread: All Hail To Emperor Bush

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

All Hail To Emperor Bush

President Bush has signed a directive granting extraordinary powers to the office of the president in the event of a declared national emergency, apparently without congressional approval or oversight.

The "National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive" was signed May 9, notes Jerome R. Corsi in a WND column.

It was issued with the dual designation of NSPD-51, as a National Security Presidential Directive, and HSPD-20, as a Homeland Security Presidential Directive.

The directive establishes under the office of the president a new national continuity coordinator whose job is to make plans for "National Essential Functions" of all federal, state, local, territorial and tribal governments, as well as private sector organizations to continue functioning under the president's directives in the event of a national emergency.

"Catastrophic emergency" is loosely defined as "any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions."

Corsi says the president can assume the power to direct any and all government and business activities until the emergency is declared over.

The directive says the assistant to the president for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, currently Frances Fragos Townsend, would be designated as the national continuity coordinator.

Corsi says the directive makes no attempt to reconcile the powers created for the national continuity coordinator with the National Emergency Act, which requires that such proclamation "shall immediately be transmitted to the Congress and published in the Federal Register."

A Congressional Research Service study notes the National Emergency Act sets up Congress as a balance empowered to "modify, rescind, or render dormant" such emergency authority if Congress believes the president has acted inappropriately.

But the new directive appears to supersede the National Emergency Act by creating the new position of national continuity coordinator without any specific act of Congress authorizing the position, Corsi says.

The directive also makes no reference to Congress and its language appears to negate any requirement that the president submit to Congress a determination that a national emergency exists.

It suggests instead that the powers of the directive can be implemented without any congressional approval or oversight.

Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke affirmed to Corsi the Homeland Security Department would implement the requirements of the order under Townsend's direction.

The White House declined to comment on the directive.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55825

Now we just have to wait until the next 'attack' to see how he uses these new found powers :eek:

Regards,

Lee

Ounique
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    President Bush has signed a directive granting extraordinary powers to the office of the president in the event of a declared national emergency, apparently without congressional approval or oversight.

"Catastrophic emergency" is loosely defined as "any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions."

Corsi says the president can assume the power to direct any and all government and business activities until the emergency is declared over.

A Congressional Research Service study notes the National Emergency Act sets up Congress as a balance empowered to "modify, rescind, or render dormant" such emergency authority if Congress believes the president has acted inappropriately.

Now we just have to wait until the next 'attack' to see how he uses these new found powers :eek:

Regards,

Lee

It's kind of like Star Wars!

I want to be Darth Vader! without that whole imoation thing

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    Anyone get the idea that Bush watched "Revenge of the Sith" and was taking notes???

Bush: Wow. This is a good film, Dick. I wonder where I can get me one of them lightsaber thingys.

Cheny: (sigh) It's a movie, you retard.

Bush: Lookie there! That guy just assumed all sorts of emergency powers and made himself ruler of the galaxy. I want to do that!

Cheny: You can't do that. It is unconstitutional.

Bush: I wanna do it, I wanna do it, I WANNA DO IT!!!

Cheny: Do you want a time out?

Bush: I wanna rule the galaxy.

Cheny: Fine. Go rule the galaxy. Leave me alone.

Bush: Alright! I'm gonna rule the galaxy! Just like Star Wars! (runs out of the room with his arms extended and making "whooshing" noises)

I'm sure it played out just like this.

R.
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by EonFilms_Rocky View Post
    Anyone get the idea that Bush watched "Revenge of the Sith" and was taking notes???

Bush: Wow. This is a good film, Dick. I wonder where I can get me one of them lightsaber thingys.

Bush: Lookie there! That guy just assumed all sorts of emergency powers and made himself ruler of the galaxy. I want to do that!

Bush: Alright! I'm gonna rule the galaxy! Just like Star Wars! (runs out of the room with his arms extended and making "whooshing" noises)

R.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the best thing i have read in months !!

Ounique

R.

*LOL* That was good.

so what will YOUR place be in the new world order.

Man I guess this means the Army can make me go back to Africa.

damn..

mr.sexbankroll

R.
    hahahaha.. good one

anyone else get the feeling that two term presidents is coming to an end?

all hail the chief.. :chief:

Ounique
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.sexbankroll View Post
    hahahaha.. good one

anyone else get the feeling that two term presidents is coming to an end?

all hail the chief.. :chief:

That would actually be rather hard.

I actualy just remote loged in to my system at home and started looking up c-Span (I recorved every minute of it)

There must be a term situlation somewhere.

mr.sexbankroll
    Quote Originally Posted by Ounique View Post
    That would actually be rather hard.

I actualy just remote loged in to my system at home and started looking up c-Span (I recorved every minute of it)

There must be a term situlation somewhere.
    yea, it would be rather hard.. but i would assume so would setting up secret prisons and invading countries illegally would be difficult too

Ounique
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.sexbankroll View Post
    yea, it would be rather hard.. but i would assume so would setting up secret prisons and invading countries illegally would be difficult too
    Not that I am here for a political talk =-p

Off color comment but I get it.

On your sid eof the coin.

You don't know the 1/2 of it.

raymor
    Go read the directive and tell me exactly where you see these "extraordinary powers".
    In fact, the directive gives the president absolutely NO new powers whatsoever.
    Seriously people, how friggin hard is it to actually READ for yourself or actually check
    your own facts rather than blindly believing, and then repeating, whatever your told by
    the same web site that claims that exposure to the sun protects you from skin cancer
    and promotes drinking four cups of coffee daily to "protect your health".

The directive is actually just an outline of who is responsible for what when the shit hits
    the fan, so there isn't confusion like there was when Nagen refused federal help during
    Katrina. In order to make it absolutely clear that no mnew powers are created, the directive
    even includes this clause:

(21) This directive:

(a) Shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and the authorities of agencies, or heads of agencies, vested by law, and subject to the availability of appropriations;

Ounique
    Quote Originally Posted by raymor View Post

(21) This directive:

(a) Shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and the authorities of agencies, or heads of agencies, vested by law, and subject to the availability of appropriations;
    That's vauge.