Thread: Small site?

Richard Craver

Small site?

Just q quick question about definition in the industry.

What is small site these days? 50 members? 100 members?

and so on.... what's a big site?

how big are the biggest sites(gay)
    how big are the biggest sites(str8)

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Damn...

You keep asking questions that cant really have a 'right' or 'wrong' answer - I thought i only did that haha

In all honesty, it depends on an individuals concept of 'small' and 'large' in terms of sales a site/program does for example...

I have a friend who runs a program making around 100 sales a day, to me, thats a pretty large number however, i have another friend who runs a program making 250+ sales a day, to me, thats a HUGE program but to them, the guy with 100 sales a day is only a medium sized program.

In terms of 'members' are we talking total member joins, active, recurring, etc?

Regards,

Lee

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Damn...

.... i have another friend who runs a program making 250+ sales a day, to me, thats a HUGE program but to them, the guy with 100 sales a day is only a medium sized program.
    Where is the salivating emoticon?

Xstr8guy
    I think it is all relative. The big programs usually have lots of employees and a lot of expenses. Whereas the smaller sites can be as small as one-man operations and be run on-the-cheap.

I think in the gay segment of the market (not including big straight programs with gay sites, ie. Topbucks) you have the mega programs/sites like Pridebucks, Gunzblazing, CF, RB, FM, Intense Cash, etc. My guess is that they do 100+ SU's & Rebills per day... and in some cases... much much more.

Then you would have the middle tier... not going to name names here in fear of offending someone who may actually be in the top tier. But these would be the more successful single-site programs, under-marketed multi-site programs, popular niche sites, formerly popular sites (dwindling new sales but lots of rebills) or newer programs with a lot of marketing power. My guess is that they are doing 50-100 SU's/rebills per day.

And anything less than 50 SU's/rebills per day, I would consider a small site/program. These would probably include owner-operated sites (1 or 2 people running everything), new sites with great potential, older sites that have few or no affilites and very little marketing, and what I call 'labors of love' sites... micro-niched sites without broad appeal to the masses of consumers.

DISCALIMER: The above is based on nothing but my wild hunches. I may be completely off the mark.

samebb
    I strongly believe some programs must be doing 500-1000 signups/rebills a day.

I only say this because my company is REALLY small, and if a big company can only be considered to do 100/150 a day, im not as small as a thought, id be at medium

I may be wrong also, just my 2c

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by samebb View Post
    I strongly believe some programs must be doing 500-1000 signups/rebills a day.

I only say this because my company is REALLY small, and if a big company can only be considered to do 100/150 a day, im not as small as a thought, id be at medium

I may be wrong also, just my 2c
    Can I have some of your traffic?

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Can I have some of your traffic?
    I dont have much

Some of my affiliates have a bucketload though!

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by samebb View Post
    I dont have much

Some of my affiliates have a bucketload though!
    Can I have some of your affiliates then? :moneybags:

samebb
    Honestly, most of my affiliate sales come through hosted galleries. Thats why im working on over 600 of the things at the moment.

If you offer hosted galleries they will come to you And if you already do, make more

Just my 2c, im not really in any possition to be telling anyone what to do hehe.

Richard Craver
    wow...
    50+ sales/day?

100+ sales/day?

yikes....

even in my imagination i didn't think that any site i started would make 50-100 sale a DAY

i was think maybe 50 sales a month(when i let my imagination get the better of me)

obviously, i'm going to have to readjust my thinking

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Craver View Post
    wow...
    50+ sales/day?

100+ sales/day?

yikes....

even in my imagination i didn't think that any site i started would make 50-100 sale a DAY

i was think maybe 50 sales a month(when i let my imagination get the better of me)

obviously, i'm going to have to readjust my thinking
    Hehe, if you are ever going to run a site with original content, you are going to need a a lot more than 50 sales per month.

It's very exciting to watch a new site grow. It's been the most rewarding experience of my webmaster career. Seeing the member count increase every month is a constant boost to your confidence. But those damn expenses keep getting bigger too, .

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Hehe, if you are ever going to run a site with original content, you are going to need a a lot more than 50 sales per month.

It's very exciting to watch a new site grow. It's been the most rewarding experience of my webmaster career. Seeing the member count increase every month is a constant boost to your confidence. But those damn expenses keep getting bigger too, .
    Amen Why cant bandwidth be free