Thread: Freesite Question

Dzinerbear

Freesite Question

Typically the freesite style that I follow is the second page in leads to three gallery pages with 10-15 thumbs each. If you are using sponsor content, do you have to use the same content on all three galleries, or would it be okay to use Fratmen on one, Randy Blue on another, and UK Naked Men on a third? Assuming that you're only promoting UK Naked Men on their gallery and Fratmen on theirs. Or is it better / regulated that you have to use all the same sponsor's content on the entire freesite?

Michael

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Ben's Avatar
    Interesting question. I've always made free sites so that one site promotes one sponsor only. I think it would confuse the surfer if it I pushed two or more different sponsors....

That being said, I've seen free sites that promote several sponsors in one free site (but usually using the content from only one sponsor - not fair IMO). Perhaps it's a good idea to place a banner/link to a personals or VOD sponsor somewhere towards the end of the last gallery... it might catch a sale or two. Provided that the sponsor whose pics you're using is ok with this, or you use your own content, of course. I'd like to know what others think of this matter, too.
    Last edited by Ben; 05-25-2007 at 02:30 PM. Reason: .

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I wouldnt use sponsor content at all these days, its all over-saturated and i know for a fact you have much better content than a lot of these programs do to use.. Just reduce the size/quality of the images you already own and use those babe

The added benefit is that you can then use whatever sponsor you want, on whatever page you want, without the sponsor dictating to you where they have to be linked from on YOUR site

Regards,

Lee

freesites that use more than one set of sponsors and differing content don't come across as sites, but more like a few galleries strung together. They lose the continuity and you will likely have a harder time getting them listed. The exception is freesites with loads of different content focusing on a theme like butts.

cheers,
    Luke

Dzinerbear
    Good points, guys. I didn't think of the confusing issue.

Lee, I have to disagree with you somewhat on the sponsor content. What is oversaturated is any program offering content and PPS. From what I'm seeing on other link lists and what I get submitted to me, that's the case anyway. I see lots of Randy Blue, Broke Straight Boys, and Gunz Blazing stuff, but the mounds of other sponsor content I get every week, I just don't see that much of it used. It's out there, but I just don't see the scads of it like I do with Broke Straight Boys. I used to get 20 BSB galleries a day submitted to my TGP.

The problem with using most of my AVS content, Lee, is that a lot of it is 1, 2, and 3 years old, so it's not much better than the sponsor content. But I'll try a bit of both. I have some semi-exclusive stuff that isn't over-exposed.

Cheers
    Michael

Post as many sites as you can, using both affiliate content and your own stuff, and then after a month do a comparison on the numbers and see the results on your own.

Ender77
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    Post as many sites as you can, using both affiliate content and your own stuff, and then after a month do a comparison on the numbers and see the results on your own.
    +1 :yeah:

I have no problem with someone promoting our site on the same free site with other programs.

It's true that a lot of sponsor content is tired and over-used.

I also think that focusing on one program per free site is a better idea, but I have no problem with people doing it.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.