Thread: Possible 2257 inspection outside of the US

Camper than a row of tents

Possible 2257 inspection outside of the US

That is what the gay TGP http://www.sexy-gays.co.uk is claiming. Whois shows an Israeli address in Tel-Aviv.

a week ago a 2257 inspection (or raid as I call it) accrued in my office which is a surprise for me as I thought they will never
    reach Israel and I am out of their area of jurisdiction.
    they did not give me time to prepare like I understand they should have, but the result would be the same anyway I guess.
    I am now facing trial here in Israel and it looks like I'm headed to jail.
    I will write my updates here until the day comes, anyhow I don't believe I will build any adult websites anymore.
    Here is the Google cache: http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us

The thumbs all apear to be 18+ professional content, but I don't like the looks of one of those links at the very top with the word puberty in it. What kind of webmaster links to an address with that word in the URL? What other sites does this guy own?
    I post here to whore this sig.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I dont know, i tend to doubt the accuracy of someone posting that on a tgp.. Sounds to me like he got caught for something else and is trying to hide that fact by saying it was a '2257' inspection.

As you pointed out, the fact the word 'puberty' appears on the page makes me automatically question the type of content that was being used along with some of the domains he had those thumbs linked from 'boysclub' :eek:

Regards,

Lee

wnc
    Thanks Matt for sharing with us.

I suspect it must be very difficult to be a adult webmaster in Israel.

He writes of a 2257 inspection, or perhaps it as simple as he called "a raid".

One needs to consider that Israel is an unofficial protected state, or maybe better said, the 51st state undeclared in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    and idiot webmaster links to such address
    but regardless 2257 is a US law, unenforceable in any other country

i smell he linked to something underaged and got caught

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Dumbass is hosted in the US. I dunno why people don't "get it"... if you are or claim to have your business outside the US, but you host your content in the US, you can come under US jurisdiction.

I can't imagine that if US authorities had actually done a 2257 inspection in Israel, that it would not have made the news. I agree that either he had underage or questionable content, or something else is wrong... for one thing, they don't inspect your records and arrest you on the spot, unless something is SERIOUSLY wrong...

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Dumbass is hosted in the US. I dunno why people don't "get it"... if you are or claim to have your business outside the US, but you host your content in the US, you can come under US jurisdiction.
    True, but would the US Govt have the right to inspect the records in his business place with its own staff? If not would the other govt have the right to inspect the records for them? (given that there are no such laws in that other country) - serious meant questions for an exile webmaster
    :-D

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    what us jurisdiction?
    all they can do is shut his servers down and/or confiscate them
    they have no authority in a foreign country

now if he hosted underaged material that's totally different and it could be what he was doing, local police cooperated and he was caught

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by jIgG View Post
    what us jurisdiction?
    all they can do is shut his servers down and/or confiscate them
    they have no authority in a foreign country

now if he hosted underaged material that's totally different and it could be what he was doing, local police cooperated and he was caught
    Dont think thats the case.

Took a look at the google cache of his site and the most "worrying thing" i found was a link with "puberty" in as mentioned above, that linked to a page with BucksFactory banners (mike18)..

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    I have been saying it for ages, offshore hosting protects you from surprises ...like if someone decides "if your content is hosted in the USA you are subject to USA regs"