Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watch our preview videos... please

Xstr8guy

Watch our preview videos... please

Please let me know if they are playing ok for you. They should start to play relatively quickly (maybe with a little buffering) without pressing play. Let me know what OS and browser you are using.

http://www.uknakedmen.com/tour/videos.html

All vids are encoded pretty much the same but it seems some people are experiencing some issues with various FF and Mac configs.

Also, if you feel compelled, I wouldn't mind a little critique on the quality, models, presentation, etc. Just don't make me cry.

wnc
    Via tests, played very fast via my 5mb cable connection. Vista - IE7.

Glad you have caught up with affiliate images since the May 18th update on your promo-content page. Now I will be presenting last weeks UK as NEW.

Gosh... I may have to become a paying member like QueerClick to get the lastest updates (smile).

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by wnc View Post
    Via tests, played very fast via my 5mb cable connection. Vista - IE7.

Glad you have caught up with affiliate images since the May 18th update on your promo-content page. Now I will be presenting last weeks UK as NEW.

Gosh... I may have to become a paying member like QueerClick to get the lastest updates (smile).
    God! I'm sorry for being so far behind!

It's been a crazy past 2 weeks. A weeks vacation and a series of serious family trauma have just about crippled me. The doc has me on Xanax now, . So I'm coping a little better. I'll be updating the promo page in the next few hours.

And as always wnc, I can reactivate your password. Just say the word.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Great quality previews, both the technical/production quality and the model quality

The site/previews were definitely loading slow for me, and it seemed that when I did a traceroute, there was a major lag (200+ ms) about halfway between my computer and Chilihost's network. Probably a transient thing, if it's consistently slow, I'd ask Luke to have someone check on the routing.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Great quality previews, both the technical/production quality and the model quality

The site/previews were definitely loading slow for me, and it seemed that when I did a traceroute, there was a major lag (200+ ms) about halfway between my computer and Chilihost's network. Probably a transient thing, if it's consistently slow, I'd ask Luke to have someone check on the routing.
    Thanks for the compliments! And I'll go bitch at Luke.

How long have you been gay?
    i gotta say great job on the previews. Very nice quality, very hot men. 2 thumbs up

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
    i gotta say great job on the previews. Very nice quality, very hot men. 2 thumbs up
    Thanks Stephan! Are you still shooting content on the side? I remember a while back you were thinking of venturing into that area. I'd still like to get some hot Texas boys on film someday.

How long have you been gay?
    You're welcome.
    No i stopped after shooting one model. i didn't have the right equipment to shoot high quality videos.

This one doesn't play for me http://www.uknakedmen.com/tour/previ...ry2/index.html

but the other video I tried loaded great!

Love the design and hot guys :thumbsup:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    This one doesn't play for me http://www.uknakedmen.com/tour/previ...ry2/index.html

DAMN! That and the other most recent one (keni) are causing me trouble. All I did differently was change the dimensions slightly. I can't see how that would effect anything.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post

Hey Squirt, I re-encoded...

http://www.uknakedmen.com/tour/previews/keni/index.html and http://www.uknakedmen.com/tour/previ...ry2/index.html.

Can you see if they play for you now?

FreeWilly

Mac Support?

Hey Xstr8guy, I love the clean design ... you've got a great looking site! I'm on a Mac (OS X v10.4.9) and tried in both Safari and Firefox, what plugin are you using for the videos? In Firefox when I click on "Install Missing Plugins" I just get "Unknown Plugin (text/plain)" with the option for Manual Install. Safari seems even more confused about the plugin. :hmm:

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeWilly View Post
    Hey Xstr8guy, I love the clean design ... you've got a great looking site! I'm on a Mac (OS X v10.4.9) and tried in both Safari and Firefox, what plugin are you using for the videos? In Firefox when I click on "Install Missing Plugins" I just get "Unknown Plugin (text/plain)" with the option for Manual Install. Safari seems even more confused about the plugin. :hmm:
    It's just good ol' windows media. This is a rather recent problem that has just cropped up. My biz partner also has a Mac and can't see the video anymore. Did Apple do anything recent to their OS?

FreeWilly
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    It's just good ol' windows media. This is a rather recent problem that has just cropped up. My biz partner also has a Mac and can't see the video anymore. Did Apple do anything recent to their OS?
    Aha! I didn't have WMV installed. Popped over to Mactopia and got v9 for OS X and now it's working. Very nice quality videos! Not sure why your biz partner can't view the videos any more, I noticed 2 versions of Windows Media Player for the Mac in OS X (v7 and v9) maybe he has the older version?

I tried a couple of them and they are looking great, it loads fast for me

Hey, Jim, have you thought about changing these to flash previews? Flash offers nice high quality in a small video size, and for small clips like this you don't need any special server-side technology, just a copy of Flash Video MX (or another program) to convert it for you....btw, the Flash Video MX program also generates the html code for you too.

cheers,
    Luke