Thread: Is There A Way To Check On Cascading Billing If...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Is There A Way To Check On Cascading Billing If...

I am actually getting credit with sales made to the processors in the cascade and not just the first billing processor?

With cascadingbilling being all the rage right now i figured that must be a real easy thing to check as an affiliate right?

Regards,

Lee

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I am actually getting credit with sales made to the processors in the cascade and not just the first billing processor?

With cascadingbilling being all the rage right now i figured that must be a real easy thing to check as an affiliate right?

Regards,

Lee
    Well, if you are using NATS, and you dont change the email template then YES!

By default with NATS, when a reseller makes a sale they are sent, for instance an email with this subject:

[britishbucks] SIGNUP via CCBILL

.... ofcorse that is what my program sends out but im sure you can work it out Lee

That subject line will change with whatever biller actually processed the transaction.

Im sure you can modify it, however i chose not to, along with a lot of other programs such as GayBucks, who deliver mails with the same subject line

But that just means, that you could be sent emails showing CCBill as the processor.

Just because 'cascading' is there, how can your affiliates tell that it is switched on and they are getting credit for those sales?

I mean, for all intents and purposes, the program owner could easily cascade through 4 or 5 processors, what if the affiliate is only credited on the first processor?

For example, all these micro payment solutions popping up all over the place, i know for a fact some of them have no way of tracking affiliate sales through their system.

Regards,

Lee

samebb
    Its a good point Lee.

Im not sure how familiar you are with NATS software, however without some serious reprogramming, if a reseller is getting credit for 1 processor they will be for any others. This is beause you have to tie a "cascade" to a "program" ...

As always, im sure there is some clever clogs would could reprogram this to rip people off, and im not sure how it works with other software like MPA3 ...

What i will say is, as always it comes down to an element of trust.
    --

Maybe you can answer something for me Lee!

There is always talk about shaving sales and such, and even this by not paying for cascaded billing, but tell me this.

If a TGP, or anyone can track how many clicks they have sent to a sponsor, and the click-throughs MATCH in the affiliate programs stats... which any scammer would have to ensure else they would get caught out, the shaving sales would just show an affiliate with a very low ratio, which would most likely make that person stop reselling for the site.

With NATS, and MPA3 ect being how they are these days, how can people even consider shaving sales? All they will acheive is a few extra bucks before the affiliate stops promoting the site and then the sponsor looses a lot of income.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Lee, NATS tracks the sale independent of which processor handles the payment. If a sale is made, the member gets added to the NATS member database, and the sale records and credits to the affiliate. The sponsor does not have the ability to avoid paying an affiliate even by switching cascades mid-route (which is something you do when, for example, a surfer has been turned down twice for a card, you might switch them to billmelater or 900 billing).

And since NATS is all Zend-encoded, there's no way for an affiliate to monkey with the code to do that either.

First off, as an affiliate, its really not your business to know which processor the sale was made thru. Second off, as far as I know, it is impossible to shave with NATS. And don't forget, with microprocessors and new billing solutions, its irrelevant if they can track an affiliate code because thats what NATS does!

NATS rocks!! As a program owner I can say it kicks ccbill's stats out the door. It works so beautifully that even without cascades in place we saw an immediate increase in sales by 15-20%. I have chatted with others that changed to NATS and have heard similar stories. Now that we are fully NATS integrated, we can swap billers within seconds, add/remove cascades, geotarget traffic to the right billers (send clicks from those countries we know are banned by our billers directly to an alternative billing page) and do loads more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    it is impossible to shave with NATS.
    No it isnt

Regards,

Lee