Thread: Finestar Entertainment content theft

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Finestar Entertainment content theft

Does anyone know who is behind Finestar Entertainment? I have the info from WHOIS and their 2257, but this isn't a company I'm familiar with. The listed principals are Jim Glenn and J. Collins (which might be the same person) and the company is listed in WHOIS as "Aristocrat Candles" and they claim to be based in either Ft. Myers or Oakland Park, FL, but that's all I can find.

Their website, www.finestarentertainment.com, is not even functional (no content and nothing in it seems to work) but on the entry page is an image clearly stolen from us, and at least two of the other models look familiar, so I wonder if those images (and who knows what else) are also stolen. Interestingly, their terms of service appear to be stolen from Playboy.

AJ and I are generally nice people, but it REALLY pisses me off when somebody swipes an image of one of our exclusive models and puts it on the front of their website.

We will be sending a cease and desist, but I'm curious if anyone else has heard of these people and/or knows any history or details.

Xstr8guy
    http://finestarentertainment.com/index.php

It looks to me like it's just a site in the design phase. Perhaps the designer just 'borrowed' some images as placeholders.

That thought crossed my mind, but if it's published on the public net, it's still not OK in my book.

Over on GMS, David at D&E posted and apparently the guy already has a shady reputation among models in Florida where both D&E and Finestar are located. I'm in the process of getting the deal from one of our models who also worked with Finestar and if there's anything of consquence, will post it.

allboysvideo
    Hey Chip,

Its David over at D&E, have you tried contacting the studio??? If so, what was his response...???

-David
    D&E

Actually haven't sent the DMCA notice yet, been busy finalizing a couple of dvds that have to go to manufacturing next week.. but I'll definitely post when I hear back.

- Chip