Thread: Those Of You With Product On VOD Sites...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Those Of You With Product On VOD Sites...

I was curious to know if you had noticed whether or not the product being on the VOD/PPV providers site had influenced your hard product sales, im guessing there could be some increase in sales of physical product due to branding on the on demand sites, etc?

Was just wondering if this was the case or not?

Regards,

Lee

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I was curious to know if you had noticed whether or not the product being on the VOD/PPV providers site had influenced your hard product sales, im guessing there could be some increase in sales of physical product due to branding on the on demand sites, etc?

Was just wondering if this was the case or not?

Regards,

Lee
    not necessarily - due to the dramatic decrease in dvd sales overall - it is difficult to determine which retail outlets are directly affected or stimulated by vod/ppv traffic - our own store sales have increased but that's due to other reasons - our own pay site, etc.

since hard sales are down so dramatically and production costs have increased, we (like many other boutique studios) are now producing small numbers of dvd's for each new release - keeping product demand = inventory levels - this is a great cost saving measure - past releases required the replication and packaging of 2,000 pieces for distribution

some of our decrease is cause and effect of the market and some is due to the large volume of retail lost when Tower records went under (a large source of revenue for us) and part of our decrease has been in "gay" owned stores rejecting bareback products as they receive greater pressure from "condom producing giants" who threaten to pull their product lines from stores that carry bareback -

what I am saying is that there are so many factors involved in retail/wholesale distribution that it is difficult to put a finger on what the real cause and effect is in the market right now....

Making Pain Pay!
    Lee,
    For us it has helped to push sales of DVD's. We use PPVNetworks, and have our own "branded site" with them called TropixxxTv.com, but our stuff also appears on their other sites and in some of their plug-in feeds.

A few months back I pulled most of our titles out of circulation (we had about 50 DVD's, and now we only sell 8) while I update the 2257 info, do some re-editing, etc. I do plan to re-release them on DVD about once a month from this point on.

My point is this...

We get a lot of emails asking us if they can get "blah blah blah" on DVD. The ONLY place they could have seen that title is on TropixxxTv.com or on one of PPVNetworks feeds, or other sites.

So yes, I think it does help with sales...although I do not know how much.

When we FIRST launched our VOD site with them, we had an AMAZING month in VOD sales, but our DVD sales took a shit dump. Things went back to 'normal' two or three months later....I think for our people VOD was a good choice...and since the VOD is DRM protected, we often see the same person rent a video 5-6 times, then BUY the DVD a month or two later.

Go figure.

I am all for DRM, but thats another thread.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

I think it's two different kinds of customer.

but it all goes toward building the brand.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Titanmen's Avatar
    I completly agree with Jasun. They are two different customers, but branding is branding and always helps.

I keep hearing everyone talk about declining DVD sales and how DVD sales are decreasing...but we are not seeing that at all! Our USA wholesale DVD sales and overall DVD sales are all up over last year.

We are starting to see direct to consumer online sales transition from DVD to VOD, but overall DVD sales are still strong for us.