Thread: Removed the trial...

Removed the trial...

Over the last few months I had read several posts about trials and whether to have them or not. From a site owners perspective I have always found them great, If you have good product you know they will stay past the initial period and cheaper prices do tend to mean more conversions.

That being said when I relaunched JUJ earlier this year I was looking for volume in members and stuck in a $4.95 3 day (recurring obviously) trial.

Once I was happy with where our members number was, I removed the trial period .... to my surprise, the new member signups has not gone down significantly (actually only about a 4% drop in intitial signups over an 8 week period)

Just thought I'd share this in case any of the newer WM's found it useful info.

Cheers
    Dave
    Domain inventory sale.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    So you saw a 4% drop in signups but, by removing the 'trial' you actually increased your net revenues per sale significantly more than 4%

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    So you saw a 4% drop in signups but, by removing the 'trial' you actually increased your net revenues per sale significantly more than 4%

Regards,

Lee

Exactly!! Don't get me wrong ... I'm a very happy bunny!! ...
    Domain inventory sale.

good on ya, its a very smart move. We did the same years ago and never looked back.

mr.sexbankroll
    so trial memberships were actually costing you money in the end?

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar
    Trials seem like a good idea (try before you buy) but in reality surfers are horny when they buy a membership. So let them buy the full month. We tried trials to but the type of surfer who goes for them will get off and then typically cancel so they don't get rebilled...if they invest for a full month the chances of them visiting each day or week will bond with the site and if your content is good they are very likely to stay a member.

That's why we don't do trials.

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar
    nice! i have heard from some surfers who are MORE likely to sign up for a site that doesn't have trials. a trial with a lower price tends to cheapen the prestige of a site. the idea of "you have to pay full price" makes the surfer feel that the quality of the content is probably higher.
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haganxy View Post
    nice! i have heard from some surfers who are MORE likely to sign up for a site that doesn't have trials. a trial with a lower price tends to cheapen the prestige of a site. the idea of "you have to pay full price" makes the surfer feel that the quality of the content is probably higher.
    Good point. Totally agree with this.

wnc
    Nowadays, most potential subscribers are using high bandwidth connections and the latest software on personal computers. I would think that the short-term trial had its purpose and reason in the past.

Sorry, even with my old sig I was asked what JUJ was well its JustUSJocks.com .

Those of you doing well with Arm Pits, Don't worry I will not be removing its $14.95 7 day trial anytime soon

Just wanted to clarify

Domain inventory sale.

i don't think it's a prestige thing. i suspect that most surfers have joined sites where the trial meant you got access to very little of the actual content - sometimes only 1 full video. extremely limited trials aren't uncommon, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by haganxy View Post