Thread: Are You More Likely To Promote US Sponsors?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Are You More Likely To Promote US Sponsors?

I just wondered what everyone felt about international sponsors and how secure you folks felt promoting sponsors outside of the United States?

Are there some programs you wont promote because they are out of the US or do you not really think about that when you decide whether you will promote a site or not?

I know a few of you dont promote those Eastern European sponnsors because of their models but what about other countries, does where an affiliate program is located geographically come in to play when you are deciding if you are going to join their program?

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    I feel pretty good about international sponsors, but then I'm not living in the US so my opinion is probably not what you are looking for.

Anyway, I prefer international sponsors because they offer much more and better promo material than most of the US companies in the market (don't think it's just a niche) I'm working in. Most of the US websites only offer tours I could link to and that's not what I want to offer potential customers. In my opinion that's ok for a link list but not for review sites.

From a customers point of view I would hardly join a website which only offers a tour to invite me to join the site. Tours are like made up shopping windows and they really don't say anything about the content. You will only learn what's inside after you joined.

So I mainly look at sponsors from the view of business and I'm not worried about any international site that was accepted by the major billing and credit card companies. If it's a small unknown billing company I start to think twice, though.

KMBucks
    I would advice any webmaster to test any new affiliate program and see if they pay on time before committing to any large traffic push.

Non-US is a wide term, after all there are 266 countries and territories in the world, excluding 265 of them would be kind of stupid

My rule of thumb is; Safe; USA/CANADA and the European Union member countries. If outside that, I take it more slow, but do not exclude except if there is a reason. Country I perhaps feel like not doing business with is Russia and the Ukraine's. But all rules are meant to be broken, even this one

If you were to exclude non-USA companies you would be excluding some pretty large players that are currently operating out of the BVI, Antilles, Gibraltar and all the other offshores.

For example, look at the whois on GWWs biggest sponsor:
    http://whois.domaintools.com/topbucks.com
    Net Transactions Limited
    Net Transactions Limited
    C/O Net Transactions Limited Chuchubiweg 17
    Curacao, AN
    AN

These days, its almost more dangerous to promote US sponsors LOL!!!!

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    Indeed

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    If you were to exclude non-USA companies you would be excluding some pretty large players that are currently operating out of the BVI, Antilles, Gibraltar and all the other offshores.

For example, look at the whois on GWWs biggest sponsor:
    http://whois.domaintools.com/topbucks.com
    Net Transactions Limited
    Net Transactions Limited
    C/O Net Transactions Limited Chuchubiweg 17
    Curacao, AN
    AN

Right, but im not talking about U.S based sponsors with offshore corporations, im talking about sponsors that solely operate out of Russia, UK, France, Germany, etc, etc.

Regards,

Lee