Thread: Why Have We Forgotten Our History So Quickly?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Why Have We Forgotten Our History So Quickly?

Yet again, another year goes by and D-Day doesnt appear to be getting any attention.

I mean its not like it was an important aspect of the war or anything, hundreds of thousands of troops lost their lives to actually fight for our freedom yet there is no mention of it anywhere in the media so far today that i have seen.

Why have we forgotten this day, how long until we forget Pearl Harbor? 9/11?

Regards,

Lee

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    it's not hard to forget pearl harbor , i pass it most everyday

sincerely ~ ..."attention shopper's , take advantage of our dec 4th holiday specials and don't forget to register for our all expense paid trip to vegas!"... :fool:

p.s ~ in memory of my grandfather who taught me how to see the value in junk , work with hand-held/power tools , and the importance of doing a job right the first time , i think of you everyday and miss you. (pearl harbor survivor)

Making Pain Pay!
    Lee,
    If we were to celebrate and mention every day that troops somewhere have died to protect our freedom, it would be a 24/7, 365 memorial. You can not just "pick and choose" major battles and only celebrate them. I think it is fine to remember major battles on major aniversaries, like 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 75, 100, years etc. etc. but we don't need to be reminded every day. Maybe we should focus on the troops that are dying a senseless death in Iraq right now for NO MEANING WHATSOEVER.
    My two cents. - Michael
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    Lee,
    If we were to celebrate and mention every day that troops somewhere have died to protect our freedom, it would be a 24/7, 365 memorial. You can not just "pick and choose" major battles and only celebrate them. I think it is fine to remember major battles on major aniversaries, like 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 75, 100, years etc. etc. but we don't need to be reminded every day. Maybe we should focus on the troops that are dying a senseless death in Iraq right now for NO MEANING WHATSOEVER.
    My two cents. - Michael
    Um, the landings at Normandy WERE a major battle, it was also the turning point in WWII, if it werent for those beach landings, there is a very good chance most of Europe and the Western world would be under the rule of Hitler right now.

Regards,

Lee

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!

The Russians are Coming

Actually, The sacrifices of the red army and the russian people ( 20 milion dead ) played the major role in the defeat of the Germans . You need go no further then july 1943 , weight the battle of Kursk, against the two divisions
    launched in the Invasion of Sicily to see the comparative strength .

That said, As a navy and Iraqi Freedom veteran myself , I stand second to no one one in appreciating the heroism of our veterans, from Concord and Lexington to the present, and I agree, this war is horseshit. These true life heroes are dying and suffering for nothing , the greatest tragedy any nation can inflict on it's best and bravest . I've served in the Gulf region, 2002-2006, and have seen just a microbe of the results . So yes, every day is a good day to remember those owho have serve suffered, and sacrificed, to make and keep our country free .

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Um, because they have not found a way to commercialize or politicize it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Yet again, another year goes by and D-Day doesnt appear to be getting any attention.

I mean its not like it was an important aspect of the war or anything, hundreds of thousands of troops lost their lives to actually fight for our freedom yet there is no mention of it anywhere in the media so far today that i have seen.

Why have we forgotten this day, how long until we forget Pearl Harbor? 9/11?

Regards,

Lee

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Um, the landings at Normandy WERE a major battle, it was also the turning point in WWII, if it werent for those beach landings, there is a very good chance most of Europe and the Western world would be under the rule of Hitler right now.

Regards,

Lee
    Thanks for the history lesson Lee, but I am not an idiot.

I do not conisder D-Day to be the turning point of WWII, and I think many historians would agree with me. Although D-Day was very "glamourous", if it were not for the Battle of Britian, and the destruction of the German Airforce by the RAF, there would have been no D-day...the Germans could have bombed the incoming ships.

Or what about Operation Cobra, or the Battles of Gustov Line/Monte Cassino?

Or what about Germany's decision to attack Russia (Operation Barbarossa) or the Second battle of El Alamein?

All of those could truly be argued as the REAL TURNING POINTS of WWII. And that is not to mention the Pacific Front.

Anyway....

You ask why we are not remembering the deaths at D-Day so I point out that other people fighting for freedom died that same day...just a different year. Lt. Thomas Mullen Adams died June 6, 2003. Is his sacrafice any less because there was not a major offensive that day to be turned into a movie with Tom Hanks?

My point is that while it is OK to remember significant battles, we often times forget the other people. Why no outrage over the lack of publicity or rememberance of their deaths?

- Michael
    Last edited by TropixxxStudios; 06-06-2007 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Add a little more sarcasim....
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

Quote Originally Posted by tombarr View Post
    you didn't see that horrible ben affleck movie and the 12 "Special edition DVD" sets that came out, eh?

I agree, though... they need to be able to pull the heart strings, and Pearl Harbour isn't close enough to Texas for anyone to give a shit. Same with Normandy.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by tombarr View Post
    You must have missed the 50th Aniversary Marathon they did on TV a few years back with every politician and his uncle trying to get in on it.

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun View Post
    you didn't see that horrible ben affleck movie and the 12 "Special edition DVD" sets that came out, eh?

Not to tangent the thread, but Michael Bay is an ass. Pearl Harbour was a HORRIBLE MOVIE. I can't wait to see how he fucks us the Transformers.

Michael Bay :whip:

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    Not to tangent the thread, but Michael Bay is an ass. Pearl Harbour was a HORRIBLE MOVIE. I can't wait to see how he fucks us the Transformers.

Michael Bay :whip:

From the movie "Team America: World Police"
    Song: The End of an Act

I miss you more than Michael Bay missed the mark,
    When he made Pearl Harbor.
    I miss you more than that movie missed the point,
    And that’s an awful lot .
    And now, now you've gone away,
    And all I'm trying to say,
    Is Pearl Harbor sucked and I miss you

I need you like Ben Affleck needs acting school,
    He was terrible in that film.
    I need you like Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part,
    He's way better then Ben Affleck.
    And now all I can think about is your smile,
    And that shitty movie too,
    Pearl Harbor sucked and I miss you

(Interlude)

Why does Michael Bay get to keep on making movies?
    I guess Pearl Harbor sucked
    Just a little bit more than I miss you.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I recognized D Day by filing a cybersquatting complaint against a sorry son of bitch that thought I would go away if he ignored me.

I thought that was a cool little way to celebrate the 65th anniversary of D Day.

:signhere:
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!