Thread: Adding Another Layer Of Protection To Password Traders...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Adding Another Layer Of Protection To Password Traders...

Im noticing that even though they are being blocked by StrongBox, a lot of traffic is being redirected to my sites using that anonym.to service.

I was wondering if anyone had a good .htaccess strategy for redirecting this traffic the second it hits the server so that the users trying to use shared passwords, dont even hit the site itself?

Just thinking out load about ways we could add another layer of protection to our sites when it comes to password traders in addition to StrongBox.

So anyone have a solid htaccess strategy for redirecting traffic based on the anonym.to domain redirect service?

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Assuming the anonym.to is sending traffic from a single URL or group of identifiable URLs, you can have your host make a modification to httpd.conf (or even to iptables if you're using that) to simply block, redirect, or nullroute the traffic coming from those URLs.

raymor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had a good .htaccess strategy for redirecting this traffic the second it hits the server so that the users trying to use shared passwords, dont even hit the site itself?

Just thinking out load about ways we could add another layer of protection to our sites when it comes to password traders in addition to StrongBox.

So anyone have a solid htaccess strategy for redirecting traffic based on the anonym.to domain redirect service?
    Note that anything you do server wide is going to have to be checked for every hit -
    each time a customer loads a thumbnail they will be checked to see if they came through
    anonym.to. Doing all that checking could easily add a lot more load than you save by
    redirecting these people. It could probably be set up to check that as one of the first
    checks when thery try to log in via Strongbox, so you're checking it just once, at the
    point of log in, rather than checking for each and every hit. If this sounds like a route you
    may want to try, please send me the appropriate log entries or whatever you have so I
    can see exactly what you're talking about. Thanks.

marcjacob
    If your redirecting wouldnt you redirect to some per email sponsor and try to get some cash from them?