Thread: individual ip addresses vs Alexa

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.

individual ip addresses vs Alexa

From what I am reading, it does not negatively affect rankings with google for different domains to be run from the same ip address. However I am getting conflicting information regarding the affect of multiple domains on the same ip address on Alexa or link popularity. Does anyone have an solid information on the question? Not as glam as Paris, but important to me :x

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Nothing definitive, but I think a few years ago having multiple domains on same IP was a big red flag... but now, with the shortage of IP addresses, web hosts are instructed to use name-based hosting wherever possible, and individual IPs are (in theory) only supposed to be used when there's a justifiable reason (i.e., SSL cert)

So it would seem that penalizing someone for following ARIN's directive on IP address conservation would be stupid. Doesn't mean it isn't happening, though.

I believe that google made a public statement saying that IP addresses were taken out of their algorythms due to the ICANN requirement to push shared IP addresses.

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    I had heard it was not a problem, but just wanted to run it by you guys. Thanks!

temptationhouse
    no effect at all.