Thread: Strictly Business?

Gay is the new Black

Strictly Business?

Over the last few months I have been reaching out to more people via icq and have to say – Once their questions are answered or the conversation even remotely becomes personal “Hi, how are you” – its BRB with no return until they have another question or program to send you to.

So… Is it strictly business?
    Be Who You Are!

I try to chit chat as much as I can... I like the people in the industry and I like having a break.

but at the moment, I'm lucky if I see my boyfriend one weekend out of every four.

Which means I have very little time for any talk that isn't business... and I assume everyone else is in the same boat.. I don't want to take up any more of their time than necessary.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I will always take time to chat if I have the time, and if I don't I'm usually direct, but invite them to hit me up later when I'm less busy.

I also try to gauge the tone of the other person... if they are completely businesslike, I usually follow, but if they indicate they're interested in general chitchat, I'm happy to spend a few minutes. I think that program owners who don't are shooting themselves in the foot.

most of us try and chat IF we have the time, but the truth is that it is our working time. if someone icq's me, it's at least an 80% chance that i'm either doing writing for a client - which needs me to stay in the vibe as much as possible - or else i'm doing video stuff, working on my new project or my new tour for our current site or consulting with someone on the phone or another icq box. something like that.

most webmaster i know are working hard if they're online, and when they want to chat, they come to a board where they can sort of chat with everyone at once. and when i'm not working hard, i'm either asleep or offline - as are many webmasters i know.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    my ICQ is not listed here but it's used for buisness. if you want to speak/meet with me it has to start here. (interpreted: unless your a model/staff or one of my accounts your not going to get it.)

sincerely ~ ..."let's keep this just between our ICQ's"... :fool:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I have to admit, if i have the time ill sit and BS with people, typically however if i do have stuff to do ill let it be known.

Regards,

Lee

I like to chat with people but when I'm in the middle of something I'll let them know and get back to them later.