Thread: Penalty for Misleading 2257 Info

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar

Penalty for Misleading 2257 Info

What is the penalty for using "fake" 2257 info?

Let's say you use a UPS Store mailbox address and a fake person's name, or a name that is real, but not one that belongs to you or your company?

What penalties do you think there would be? Is this a violation of 2257?

What does it say about the business ethics of that company?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    If I'm not mistaken, according to the regulations, it's a felony. Whether Justice would bother to prosecute based on that, if all the records are otherwise in order is another question... but why take the chance?

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Yeah, but how can the records be in order if the records aren't even there?

I just saw this on someone's website listing a place I know as a postal box center, and also they are listing someone I know does not work for their company as the 2257 custodian.

Just wondering. For me it says the ethics of the company are in question as it appears they are trying to give off the appearances of legitimacy in order to gain and keep marketing partners...

But, hey, this is the adult business...companies operating with questionable ethics have always flourished.

wnc
    Quote Originally Posted by tombarr View Post
    Just wondering. For me it says the ethics of the company are in question as it appears they are trying to give off the appearances of legitimacy in order to gain and keep marketing partners...
    Perhaps Lee can create a new section of the forum, where a person like yourself can post invaluable information such as this. It would allow the program to respond, otherwise those reading would reconsider business relations until the facts were verified or explained.