Thread: Why Isnt Recurring Billing Big With Non-Adult Sponsors?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Why Isnt Recurring Billing Big With Non-Adult Sponsors?

Ive been doing a lot of searching through mainstream programs and affiliate networks over the past few days and the one thing that really struck me, is how few sponsor programs there are in non adult that offer recurring billing, in fact, the only ones i was able to find that did were for things like satellite/cable subscriptions.

How comes non-recurring billing seems to be the 'big' thing in mainstream whilst recurring billing is the 'big' thing in the adult industry?

Regards,

Lee

Gay is the new Black
    not to be so vague but... because they can

Lee give some examples of mainstream sites that make more money with non-recurring.

I have a few mainstream sites I belong to that gladly recure my billing monthly and, to add insult to injury, they are able to do it with Paypal!
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Lee give some examples of mainstream sites that make more money with non-recurring.
    miniclip.com
    pogo.com
    etc

Most of these types of sites have a one-off membership fee for 'access' to members only games.

Im actually about to start work on a similar business model but rather than a 1 time fee, im going to be utilizing a recurring, low cost monthly option.

Gary and I have been talking about setting up a cyber gaming site for years and we now think the time is right to start development of it.

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Im actually about to start work on a similar business model but rather than a 1 time fee, im going to be utilizing a recurring, low cost monthly option.

Gary and I have been talking about setting up a cyber gaming site for years and we now think the time is right to start development of it.

I think that's a great idea and it makes sense to have recurring billing for the services you'll provide.

So many termpaper/essay sites have recurring billing as do "free" software subscription sites, runescape, etc. It just makes sense to do recurring billing.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

We're also considering doing one of those term paper sites to, both of our neices are now in college so we have a direct connection to loads of students who im sure would sell their souls for a few bucks, not just their term papers

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    We're also considering doing one of those term paper sites to, both of our neices are now in college so we have a direct connection to loads of students who im sure would sell their souls for a few bucks, not just their term papers

Regards,

Lee

Great idea... and coupling that with a "rate my teacher" service/site and "quotes" service/site, in addition to maintream affiliate marketing of credit cards, amazon, a dating service, google adwords, etc. through banner ads and an integrated forum could bring in a nice chunk of change

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    Google will be banning advertising of "essay" sites in Adwords/Adsense but from what I've read those sites are very popular with people