Thread: I want to play/experiment with Flash Video

Making Pain Pay!

I want to play/experiment with Flash Video

I am looking to do some experiments with creating flash videos but I dont want to sink a lot of money into anything too special.

Sorensen Squeeze for Flash is only $249, and i have heard good things about Sorensen Products although I have never used them.

Does anyone else know of anything?

I am on a MAC OSX System.

Thanks.

Basically all I want to do is take some MOV files and make them FLV.
    Last edited by TropixxxStudios; 06-24-2007 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Clarity
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I believe that Squeeze has a 30 day free trial, at least for PC. It does put a watermark on everything you encode, but at least you can play with it, see how it works, and get a feel for both Sorenson and Flash.

Might take a look at this: http://www.flash-video-mx.com/video_to_flash_web/ ... only $49

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Might take a look at this: http://www.flash-video-mx.com/video_to_flash_web/ ... only $49
    That would be perfect, but I was hoping for a MAC based solution. I am off to the Apple store this afternoon to speak with someone at their "Genius Bar". I will let you all know what I come up with.

Thanks.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

Try VisualHub. It's cheap and it converts QuickTime to flv or swf files, among others. And it's fast. OSX compatible. I love it!

www.visualhub.net

Making Pain Pay!
    Thanks everyone. I went to the Apple store today and spoke with someone at their "Genius Bar". It turns out I already have software that does it as part of DVD studio Pro...so now I just need to learn how to use it.

Thanks for all the tips though...I always find this board helpfull.

- Michael

flashfreak
    I'd suggest to stick with Macromedia Video Encoder - it's shipped with flash.

from my experience 3rd party flv encoding tools do not save the meta data correctly, I've had problems selling the online player I developed because of flvs saved with 3rd party programs.

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by citiboyz View Post
    Try VisualHub. It's cheap and it converts QuickTime to flv or swf files, among others. And it's fast. OSX compatible. I love it!

www.visualhub.net
    Ok, so it turns out that Compressor (Shipped with DVD Studio Pro) will not convert to Flash without an optional plug-in that from what I can tell is over $300. Since I am not even sure I want to use Flash in the first place, I dont want to spend that much just to toy around.

I have checked out VisualHub, and it is cheap...so I am getting it. Thanks for the tip Citiboyz.

Dzinerbear
    I use Flash Video MX, the one Bec recommended. It's dead easy ... so easy even I can use it. And it's cheap, too.

Michael

Baghdad Bob
    is flash better than regular movies i mean the filesizes are smaller but how many people have the flash plugings for their browsers

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    better than 90% according to most studies have a version of flash installed.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    better than 90% according to most studies have a version of flash installed.
    That makes sense actually considering the popularity of sites like YouTube, etc $0.02

Regards,

Lee