Thread: Tylenol OTC Maximum Dosage?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Tylenol OTC Maximum Dosage?

Does anyone know what the maximum dosage in a single pill Tylenol can be purchased in is?

I could have sworn that a few months back i bought some 800/850mg Tylenols but it seems that all the stores in our area right now only have 650mg as the largest dosage painkiller.

Anyone happen to know for certain what the largest available dosage would be in something like Tylenol that you could just walk in to a Walgreens or CVS and buy is?

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    You can always buy the smaller pills and take more :-)

Tylenol can kick the shit out of your liver if you take too much though -- something high like 3000 mg in a day I think can do damage. Even worse if you are dehydrated so it is not good for hangovers.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

gaybucks_skyler
    As almost everyone knows alcohol is terrible for your liver and if consumed too much and/or too often it can cause severe damage to the liver...

The reason acetaminophen (whether it be TYLENOL brand or not) is bad for hangovers is because it is very very taxing on your liver as well.

Every pain reliever has it's negative effects on the body... and thankfully most are different from one kind to another... (i.e. tylenol has negative effects on the liver, motrin has negative effects on the kidneys, etc)

It has always been my practice to switch pain relievers (asprin, alieve, motrin, tylenol, etc.) at least once a month as often as every week and sometimes every day if I have an ailment that persists.

I have no clue when it comes to the size of pills you can purchase... when it comes to over the counter pain killers I research how many milligrams an average RX is normally given and take that amount.

Hope that helps...

Sky

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I believe the standard Tylenol (acetaminophen) is 250mg and there are some that are as much as 500 or 650mg. Chad is correct, anything over 3,000 mg in a day is very dangerous to the liver and Skyler got it right that mixing acetaminophen + alcohol lowers the effective "safe dose" level.

Ibuprofen is considered by some to be safer, but aspirin has been around for well over 100 years and, except for those under 16 (mild risk of Reye's syndrome) or those prone to ulcers (increased risk of stomach bleeding), aspirin is the easiest broken down and used by the body, arguably the most effective on inflammatory pain, least expensive, and is very effective.

Sometimes the oldest, cheapest solutions are still the best, in spite of what the pharmaceutical lobby would have you believe.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_skyler View Post
    As almost everyone knows alcohol is terrible for your liver and if consumed too much and/or too often it can cause severe damage to the liver...

The reason acetaminophen (whether it be TYLENOL brand or not) is bad for hangovers is because it is very very taxing on your liver as well.

Every pain reliever has it's negative effects on the body... and thankfully most are different from one kind to another... (i.e. tylenol has negative effects on the liver, motrin has negative effects on the kidneys, etc)

It has always been my practice to switch pain relievers (asprin, alieve, motrin, tylenol, etc.) at least once a month as often as every week and sometimes every day if I have an ailment that persists.

I have no clue when it comes to the size of pills you can purchase... when it comes to over the counter pain killers I research how many milligrams an average RX is normally given and take that amount.

Hope that helps...

Sky
    That's a revelation. Think I'll rotate too.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Sometimes the oldest, cheapest solutions are still the best, in spite of what the pharmaceutical lobby would have you believe.
    I somehow became allergic to asprin. And for a short time people thought it was the aches and pains I'd been taking the asprin for that was doubling me over with agony. Turns out it was the asprin itself.