Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the hell would Lee remove people from GWW after 30 days?

TheWhack

Why the hell would Lee remove people from GWW after 30 days?

I just recieved an interesting email from this board:

Dear TheWhack,

You are receiving this message because our script has flagged your GWW Community account as being inactive for 30 days.

To ensure that your account isn’t removed from our database and so that you can continually access the information and knowledge shared on the GWW Community please take a few moments now to login to the forum at http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com

Logging in to the forum is the only action you need to take if you would like to keep your existing account active.

If you no longer with to have access to the GWW Community you do not have to do anything and your account will be automatically removed within the next 60 days.

Why in the hell would you want to remove an active webmaster from your database within 30 days? After 12 months or longer I could understand. There are times I don’t visit a board for 5-6 months at a time. I am sorry I don’t contribute as often as you think a person should. I try to work on my sites and come here to discuss certain ideas once in a while, if I am supposed to do that within 30 days each time I will gladly take my discussions elsewhere where I know I am welcome.

I am just a little curious why it seems you are working against people in this industry rather than with them… This is just the perception I have gathered from coming to the GWW community.

That’s my 2 cents

marcjacob
    Im guessing Lee wants people to be more active and post each month.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    This topic comes up all the time and it always has the same answer.

Its to ensure that the database remains current, up to date and that spambots arent left festering taking up system resources.

Every business needs to clean house once in a while, by sending that email out to people who havent logged in to GWW in 30 days and removing their account after 60 days, it ensures that the database is as tidy as possible.

Theres nothing more to it than that im afraid, its just to make my job a lot easier each week with the bulletin by pruning deliquent accounts

Regards,

Lee

wnc
    I am looking forward to your database being "correct". I have had now several email warnings with a login I have not used in over a year. The email says... no need to do anything if not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by wnc View Post
    I am looking forward to your database being "correct". I have had now several email warnings with a login I have not used in over a year.
    Do you want that tyrain user to be deleted?

Regards,

Lee

wnc
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Do you want that tyrain user to be deleted?

Regards,

Lee
    YES PLEASE. So Lee, you knew I was that past name - yet I never used the other name. Knowing whom I am, why have you kept that second name active?

I did not like doing a Google and seeing GWW showing up with my "brand" name.

So yes, for those reading, I WAS tyrain and became WNC.

As usual LEE, you love to create an issue out of nothing - thusting me out of the shadow I wanted to be in.

THANK YOU and FUCK YOU LEE

wnc
    YES PLEASE. So Lee, you knew I was that past name - yet I never used the other name.
    I need to correct, I was that other name and I was active in posting. I stopped using my "brand" name because GWW was getting higher hits via Google. I am sorry, but I would rather a search via google find ME not GWW.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    wnc, did you ever ask Lee to delete your old name? I mean, all this database cleanup stuff is done automatically. I'm sure Lee doesn't sit there and look over all his inactive accounts himself, writhing his hands going "bwahahahaaaaa, who's life can I mess up today".

Now, I'm not saying he never says that, just saying that he doesn't do that over dead accounts. LOL!

And TheWhack, is it really that hard to log in once a month? I mean, it's a click of a button. If you have the password stored in you computer you don't even have to type.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

wnc
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMike View Post
    And TheWhack, is it really that hard to log in once a month? I mean, it's a click of a button. If you have the password stored in you computer you don't even have to type.
    over 200 posts, with this name WNC... so I have writen my opinions.

wnc, did you ever ask Lee to delete your old name?
    Yes, I should have, but got so many warning notices, I thought he needed a vibrant email list for ad income.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I didn't mean my above post to sound harsh but I have to say that this reminds me of a post that an old friend of mine has been posting on MySpace recently. Now, I look at the bulletins to see what announcements people have but this one friend, whom I don't even really talk to anymore, has been posting these messages all about how MySpace sucks because he's having trouble posting pictures to his blog. His bulletins are always in all caps and he posts them every day several times a day. So while I'm trying to check out my messages all I see are MYSPACE SUCKS, ANOTHER DAY OF MYSPACE SUCKING, MORE OF MYSPACE SUCKING. It's really pissing me off.

So, I'm already on edge about this sort of thing. It's like someone walking into your house at a party and complaining that they couldn't find a parking place and they don't like your choice in lamps.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

wnc
    So, I'm already on edge about this sort of thing. It's like someone walking into your house at a party and complaining that they couldn't find a parking place and they don't like your choice in lamps.
    I am sure this comment was not related to me DonMike.

200 versus 4000 is just time available
    Last edited by wnc; 06-27-2007 at 08:51 PM. Reason: HEY... just cause someone posts alot does not make an expert - MAXPOWER as a representation

YES PLEASE. So Lee, you knew I was that past name - yet I never used the other name. Knowing whom I am, why have you kept that second name active?
    Because it hasnt bounced any emails and because it did actually have posts associated with is as you can see here...

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/member.php?u=1576

I will of course remove that username now that you have asked, which is something you should probably have done a lot sooner

I did not like doing a Google and seeing GWW showing up with my "brand" name.
    You could have asked me to delete that username or change it to you new one WNC, i would have gladly done so as i do for a lot of people each month, it takes all of 30 seconds to shoot me a PM asking me to change a name or remove one.

As usual LEE, you love to create an issue out of nothing - thusting me out of the shadow I wanted to be in.
    As i see it, you are the one that created this 'issue' not me, if you had sent me a PM when you decided that you no longer wanted to use that tyrain username either asking me to remove it, or to change it, it would have been done.

THANK YOU and FUCK YOU LEE
    You're welcome and, fuck you too

Regards,

Lee

wnc
    EXCUSE ME LEE... I made a simple comment.

I am looking forward to your database being "correct". I have had now several email warnings with a login I have not used in over a year. The email says... no need to do anything if not interested.
    You decided to expose my old name, INSTEAD of going private, making it an issue, as normal for GWW. There are two popular Gay forums. One hosted by Lee, namely GWW and his contant negative comments and the other. CCBILL writes in this forum and Epoch writes in the other. Shame a seperation, not unlike current USA politics.

In the meantime, you have embarrassed me LEE... so go ahead and delete me.... oh both names, please

You decided to expose my old name
    Huh? Excuse me, what exactly was there to 'expose' LOL

Seems to me you are trying to make drama for the sake of it in this thread.

In the meantime, you have embarrassed me LEE... so go ahead and delete me.... oh both names, please
    If you are sure thats what you want, then i will do.

Shoot me a PM confirming that you would like me to remove both of your usernames and ill get that done for you, i dont see the need myself though $0.02

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Why is it so important to some people to try keep their identities and past histories secret?

If you try to hide something, it just appears that you are hiding something.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!