Thread: Program Owners - How Many Of Your Sales Come From In-House?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Program Owners - How Many Of Your Sales Come From In-House?

I know we've discussed in-house traffic sources in the past on GWW but i was wondering what the ideal amount of in-house sales vs. affiliate sales was for programs these days?

Right now i would say that a good 80% of the revenue generated to my paysites is generate in-house as oppose to being generated by affiliates and using the old 80/20 addage i personally think thats quite good considering all the affiliates i have sending traffic.

I just wondered what the rest of you who owned an affiliate program thought about those numbers, could they be lower, should the be higher or are they just right?

Regards,

Lee

KMBucks
    I'm very active in promoting my own product pulling our own traffic resources and can say that we are our biggest affiliate with more than 70% of the sales being our own sales.

However, affiliates seem to convert better, in some cases lot better $0.02

Xstr8guy
    Gradually, our affiliate sales are catching up to our in-house sales. As we grow every month, more of our sales are coming from affiliates. A few months back it was around 80/20 but now it's closer to 60/40.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AFFILIATES!

blah blah blah...
    wow those are some nice figures. i would've guessed that most of your sales would be coming from affiliates. I mean you guys must be doing an amazing job generating your own traffic.

but wouldn't is make sense for your affiliate sales to be much higher than your in-house sales? There's only one of you but many of them :idea: i'd assume that all the big sites (SC, RB, CF etc) out there would have more affiliate sales than in-house. ??? or is it that after some time, when you've established your name/brand, that you'd get a lot of returning members who's signups you'd consider "in-house" when in fact, they were referred to your site by an affiliate in the first place.

allan

Gay is the new Black
    RandyBlue also has an ad in out, genera, I think playgirl, so on and so forth. Each direct type-in is an in-house sale.

And those affiliate sales are good but not as good as an in-house, no payouts, sale.

Though XStr8 posted "Way to go" - if he could pull the same number of daily sign-ups through his own links, He would have a bigger pocket.

You should expect your revenue stream to have affiliate feeders but long story short, don't build a business plan based exclusively on affiliate traffic. Have a few side projects to feed yourself.

Xstr8guy
    We get tons of Google traffic. We are currently #2 for our target keyword phrase and we get lot's of print exposure from sources I would rather keep secret.

I'm all jacked-up on Mountain Dew markwolff's Avatar
    We launched our affiliate program 9 months ago and as it grows our affiliate to in house ratio is narrowing every month. Right now it is at 70% in house 30% affiliate, the way things are headed i think it will be around 50/50 within the next 8 to 12 months. One of the reasons is, things like catalogs, flyers, print ads, model appearances, sponsorships etc do not have the same impact that they had 3 or 4 years ago, i think most people now are hearing about your site via the internet with things like tgp's review sites, banner links, and blogs this is where all the large amounts of traffic are comming from.