Thread: Doorway Sites - They Still Work?

blah blah blah...

Doorway Sites - They Still Work?

Just trying to generate some traffic to our site and I remembered Doorway Sites.

Are they still effective? Are they legal (I know that google was cracking down on them some time ago)?

It would basically be a SEO page on it's own domain with images and/or vids that we would submit to link lists etc and have it link over to our own site. Was thinking of creating 10 or so of these with different content/design, each focusing on different key words.

Is this old news? I haven't heard people talk about this marketing technique for some time so not sure if i'm missing something.

Thanks guys!

Allan

DIXTER.COM
    Dixter.com Affiliate Program
    50/50 Rev Share Program with 5% Webmaster Referrals

Dzinerbear
    I think your plan sounds fine and doesn't really smack of the typical doorway page that search engines frown upon. A typical doorway page has very little written content on them, tend to be cookie cutter just replacing the keywords. If you're submitting them to link lists as freesites, then they're not really doorway pages.

Cheers,
    Michael

blah blah blah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear View Post
    I think your plan sounds fine and doesn't really smack of the typical doorway page that search engines frown upon. A typical doorway page has very little written content on them, tend to be cookie cutter just replacing the keywords. If you're submitting them to link lists as freesites, then they're not really doorway pages.

Cheers,
    Michael
    but wouldn't submitting them to Link Lists increase your ranking? Hence getting your more traffic

anyone else still use Doorway pages? Got any suggestions?

I came across this really old post re Doorway pages http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...hlight=doorway is that all still valid today?

DIXTER.COM

Dzinerbear
    No, you're not really understanding what a doorway page is.

A doorway page is simply a page with very little text on it "Click here for Big Cocks" and maybe "Big Cocks are Very Nice" at the top as a header, perhaps another line of text. And then you generate thousands of these things replacing "big cocks" with every conceivable keyword phrase. You link them all together and shunt all the traffic to your main site. Search engines don't like them because they have no value to the surfer.

Freesites are not really doorway pages in the traditional sense. And yes, the links from LLs will help you.

Michael

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Free sites that you submit to link lists are not doorway pages (int he true sense of the word), they are doorway sites (logistically), 3 or 4 pages of content (allbeit minimal content) to send traffic to a sponsor or your own site.

Doorway sites, in this instance logistically, are benefiting the sponsor being used on the 'free site'.

Doorway pages are literally one page that you would use to feed your own site, for example, it could be argued that the 'contact us' page on GWW is a doorway page just as the 'resources' page is a doorway page to feed traffic directly to the main page of GWW or the community forums.

What you are talking about, if im understanding you correctly, is basically creating several entrance sites/pages to feed traffic to your own property/properties - Feeder sites, not doorway pages or sites.

Regards,

Lee

blah blah blah...
    Right, i obviously had the concept of a "doorway" page wrong.

So, ok, are doorway pages (as outlined here: http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...hlight=doorway) still effective and legal today? Or have search engines really cracked down on them and would making them today be a waste of time?

I know that when you do a search on the big engines these days, you almost never come across any doorway pages, so makes me wonder if they're still effective.

Thanks guys!

DIXTER.COM

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Theres still a few people that do well using doorway pages, especially if they are more than random pages of text made to 'fool' the search engines to getting those pages ranked.

A good page, on a domain that you want to drive traffic to that has been optimized for the SE's and is also of 'value' content wise to the site certainly cant harm.

There are actually millions of doorway pages listed in the major engines still just think of all the news articles from sites like Yahoo, CNN, MSNBC etc, all of those, whilst being relevant are actual doorway pages.

Regards,

Lee