Thread: Question for Everyone

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar

Question for Everyone

I am supposed to be meeting today with someone who first name is Greg, but his nick name in the industry is "Spanky". I'm told he is the one who showed up at the GAYVN Awards wearing a nun's outfit.

Does anyone know this guy? We're supposed to be talking about a sales position and I've heard a few things that are making me a bit nervous. I understand that he has produced under the name of "Spanky's Boys", all twinks.

If anyone knows him, knows anything about him or has any comments which give me some insight into him and his reputation within the industry, I would appreciate it.

Please feel free to send a private message if you don't want anything posted publicly.

Thanks,

Bill

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Yeah he's been in the biz a while and i honestly cant think ive ever heard anything bad about him.

I think he went to our Gay Webmaster Bash event luncheon a few years back in Vegas too, seemed like a nice guys if its the same dude

You might also want to do a search over on Board Tracker for his nickname and see if anything pops up about him just to be on the safe side

But yeah, if its the guy im thinking of, you should be fine

Regards,

Lee

I've met Greg on a few occasions. I shared a table with him at the GayVN's a few years ago, and I've bumped into him at conventions. He seems like a decent guy. His bf is a police officer, I believe. Really nice (and hunky, too).

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by citiboyz View Post
    His bf is a police officer
    Then yep, it is the same guy i was thinking of Bill

Regards,

Lee

Steve,

Thanks for your input, really do appreciate it.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by citiboyz View Post
    I've met Greg on a few occasions. I shared a table with him at the GayVN's a few years ago, and I've bumped into him at conventions. He seems like a decent guy. His bf is a police officer, I believe. Really nice (and hunky, too).

Thank you Lee,

Always good to get as much input as possible.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Then yep, it is the same guy i was thinking of Bill

Regards,

Lee

delobucks
    Do you mean Greg from freshgayphotos.com?

Quote Originally Posted by delobucks View Post
    Do you mean Greg from freshgayphotos.com?
    No, different Greg. This Greg has produced some titles under the name Spanky's Boys.

Bill

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    AJ and I have met and talked to Spanky a few times. I've always thought him to be a decent guy, and he's been helpful to us several times when we've talked.

He owns a chain of adult stores, couple video lines, and I'm not sure what else.

You might also recognize him, he often goes to the legal seminars and asks questions of the panel.

Chip,

Many thanks. Evidently he works for a guy who owns a chain of bookstores, mostly back east but for the most part he runs them so everyone thinks he owns them.

He seems to be a decent and certain knowledgeable about the gay adult industry.

Thanks for your input.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    AJ and I have met and talked to Spanky a few times. I've always thought him to be a decent guy, and he's been helpful to us several times when we've talked.

He owns a chain of adult stores, couple video lines, and I'm not sure what else.

You might also recognize him, he often goes to the legal seminars and asks questions of the panel.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar

SO understated you are Chip!!!

Greg will go up to the microphone and UNLOAD on legal panels. He then usually turns around and walks out while the usually chatty lawyers sit stunned. Fortunately I have not been the subject of his wrath and Greg and I have similar views of the legal landscape.

I have known Greg for several years and have only good things to say about him.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    OK, so I was trying to be subtle

Interesting that he doesn't own the companies. He certainly represented to us (and to the people at one of the legal panels where he asked the question) that he did, in fact, own the chain of stores and the video studios... but as we've seen here in the past, sometimes people exaggerate their own importance.

Making Pain Pay!
    Interesting that he doesn't own the companies. He certainly represented to us (and to the people at one of the legal panels where he asked the question) that he did, in fact, own the chain of stores and the video studios... but as we've seen here in the past, sometimes people exaggerate their own importance.
    Ditto. We met him at GayVN Expo in Phoenix and he definately left the impression..(ok he came right out and said it) that he owned a chain of bookstores. But, he seems like a really nice guy nevertheless. He spent quite some time with one of my friends by the pool answering a lot of "newbie" type questions about the industry.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

As we all know a good salesman sometimes "poofs" a bit, but then if he didn't, I suppose he wouldn't be a good salesman.

Thanks guys for all the info.

Bill

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by hdkbill View Post
    As we all know a good salesman sometimes "poofs" a bit, but then if he didn't, I suppose he wouldn't be a good salesman.

Thanks guys for all the info.

Bill
    Agreed. I get the feeling that he would be a great salesman.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip: