Thread: Canadians...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Canadians...

What did you get up to today (or what are your plans for tomorrow) for Canada day?

Im guessing Canada day is kind of like the 4th July celebrations in the US?

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    I spent the day crying at the exchange rate. It's at an all-time low ... $1.03.

Pretty soon I'll be taking a ccbill cheque to the bank and getting less than the cheque is issued for. When I started in the biz in 2003 I was making .46 cents on the dollar, now I'm making .03 cents.

Other than that, I didn't get up to much. And yes, Canada Day is like your 4th of July. Canada is actually 140 years old today. Confederation took place in 1867 when Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario and Quebec formed the Dominion of Canada. The rest of the provinces followed in the years to come, starting in 1870 with Manitoba, British Columbia in 1871, Prince Edward Island in 1873, Alberta and Saskatchewan in 1905, and Newfoundland in 1949. The Northwest Territories joined in 1870 and the Yukon territory in 1898. (Territories do not meet the population requirements to be provinces, I believe that's how it works.)

Michael

hope all Canadians are nursing a big hangover today after a successful party last night

let's pretend we're bunny rabbits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    What did you get up to today (or what are your plans for tomorrow) for Canada day?

Im guessing Canada day is kind of like the 4th July celebrations in the US?

Regards,

Lee
    I plan on eating a beaver smothered in maple syrup. and praising the glories of john mckenzie and Jean Chrétien. and john morgan. then i'll hike the Cabot Trail- the most beautiful trail in the world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bunnypancake:

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Wonder if Canada was what the kids on Degrassi were celebrating. I didn't understand why some of the characters were having what looked like a Thanksgiving meal in July.