Thread: If You Had To Start Again From Scratch...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

If You Had To Start Again From Scratch...

Would you change anything you have done to make money in the industry up to this point?

Lets say tomorrow, you had to start doing everything again, from the beginning, finding a host, getting traffic, buying content, submitting, etc, etc.

What, if anything, would you do differently to what you have done this time around?

I think for me, it would be launching an affiliate program a lot sooner than i did especially after seeing what the R.O.I is like when compared to other types of income generation. Every time i look at my CCBill stats i cant believe how dumb i was leaving it 5-6 years to launch my own program

So how about the rest of you folks, what would you do differently if you had to start your ventures in the adult industry again from a newbie standpoint?

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    I would start a paysite with exclusive content a whole lot sooner than I did. The AVSs and AENs where good to me but I can't help but wonder how much money and joy I left on the table because I was afraid to take the next step.

On the other hand, running a network of AVS sites was a great learning experience that I would recommend to anyone starting out in the business. And it paid the bills for a long time too.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    I would start a paysite with exclusive content a whole lot sooner than I did. The AVSs and AENs where good to me but I can't help but wonder how much money and joy I left on the table because I was afraid to take the next step.

On the other hand, running a network of AVS sites was a great learning experience that I would recommend to anyone starting out in the business. And it paid the bills for a long time too.
    See? I think it all happened the way it did for a reason. Bet if you had started a paysite prematurely you'd have been plagued with rookie mistakes and junk like that. Experience is invaluable, and I'm sure the money you didn't make on a paysite early on was more than made up later.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GLIDER View Post
    ... and I'm sure the money you didn't make on a paysite early on was more than made up later.
    It's getting better, .

I do wish I had pursued my curiosity about the 'webmaster' links that I saw on sites back in 1996 instead of waiting until 2001 to try my hand at being a webmaster. I never thought it was something I could do. Hell, I could be retired by now with that 'back in the day' money.

Madame0120
    ... I'd be in real estate

Looking for content ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    It's getting better, .

I do wish I had pursued my curiosity about the 'webmaster' links that I saw on sites back in 1996 instead of waiting until 2001 to try my hand at being a webmaster. I never thought it was something I could do. Hell, I could be retired by now with that 'back in the day' money.
    couldnt have said that better myself

Quote Originally Posted by Madame0120 View Post
    ... I'd be in real estate

.... now why do I have this vision of Madame, in her stillettos, snapping her whip and saying "you WILL buy this house ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    .... now why do I have this vision of Madame, in her stillettos, snapping her whip and saying "you WILL buy this house ..."

... also puts a whole new spin on "flip that house"