Thread: Affiliate Question

Gay is the new Black

Affiliate Question

When you sign up for CCBill, Epoch, Whoever, they ask for a website address.

Does this mean you can only use that affiliate code with the one domain?

Xstr8guy
    I've never had a single problem with CCbill or Epoch sponsors. The only sponsor program I've ever signed up with that ever required the exact domain was Titan. I tried to explain to them that I would be sending traffic from many domains and they didn't seem to grasp that concept initially. If I remember correctly, they did finally come around.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    No it doesnt although it makes sense to ensure the domain you enter in that field actually does have 'adult' content on it.

Im speaking to more and more program owners who are considering doing the same thing as me in respect of that, if there is no working domain entered, or the domain goes to somewhere stupid, like a parking page, the account will be de-activated as a fraud prevention measure.

Regards,

Lee

I believe the reason they ask for it is to make sure you are a legit webmaster and not just a surfer with a hotmail address trying to signup to get his 50% discount.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Titanmen's Avatar
    Until we know and can trust the affiliate, such as Xstr8guy, we only allow one domain per account. This allows us to mointor and ensure the traffic is not violating any legal or moral restrictions we operate under.

With all the rogue traffic and shady stuff going on these days, we have to protect ourselves. We would rather have good honest traffic, then lots from places we don't know. Then again, we are probably the most legal minded and watchful in the industry.

Gay is the new Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanmen View Post
    This allows us to mointor and ensure the traffic is not violating any legal or moral restrictions we operate under.
    This is what I was thinking. I mean, sure, I may have 50 domains but when I sign up with one domain, the program has no understanding of the representation they will receive through the other 49.

Maybe "Multiple Domains" in the application instead of the one line item?

This wouldn't replace a data scrub to check your incoming links and site content verification, but maybe the small "heads up" in advance could save a little time in the process.

How long have you been gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post
    When you sign up for CCBill, Epoch, Whoever, they ask for a website address.

Does this mean you can only use that affiliate code with the one domain?
    the correct answer is no, not necessarily

Quote Originally Posted by corvett View Post
    the correct answer is no, not necessarily
    that is not to say that the client could not monitor the affiliates referring urls to ensure that they comply with the programs own t & c

that is not to say that the client could not monitor the affiliates referring urls to ensure that they comply with the programs own t & c
    as there is no contract between ccbill and our clients affiliates, the agreement is solely between those 2 parties

as there is no contract between ccbill and our clients affiliates, the agreement is solely between those 2 parties
    you guys have any questions about anything, feel free to reach me mark@ccbill.com

if your going to xbiz, see you next week

Gay is the new Black
    you guys have any questions about anything, feel free to reach me mark@ccbill.com

if your going to xbiz, see you next week
    I'll prolly hit you up after next week on a few things

in regards to epoch yes you have to authorize and get a different code for each site/url... those are their rules, of course you can use the same code for many sites but if they realize you can get your account banned or something like that... and i suppose its the same with ccbill.