Thread: 'Sicko': Heavily Doctored

Gay is the new Black

'Sicko': Heavily Doctored

Full Story: http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...58/story.jhtml

Michael Moore may see himself as working in the tradition of such crusading muckrakers of the last century as Lincoln Steffens, Ida Tarbell and Upton Sinclair — writers whose dedication to exposing corruption and social injustices played a part in sparking much-needed reforms. In his new movie, "Sicko," Moore focuses on the U.S. health-care industry — a juicy target — and he casts a shocking light on some of the people it's failed.
    Moore does a real service in bringing these stories to light — some of them are horrifying, and then infuriating. One giant health-maintenance organization, Kaiser Permanente, is so persuasively lambasted in the movie that, on the basis of what we're told, we want to burst into the company's executive suites and make a mass citizen's arrest. This is the sort of thing good muckrakers are supposed to do.
    Unfortunately, Moore is also a con man of a very brazen sort, and never more so than in this film

Gay is the new Black
    Side note: The guy who cut his fingers off with a power saw hits home, so to speak...

But I cut 3 of them off. And also, with a power saw. This is what it looks like after 38 operations. (the cost I will not say. But my family paid for it out of pocket, no insurance)

I was also 1 year of age when it happened.

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    You were only one? Hell, what happened to child labor laws! All my carpenters are at least 6 But you still type beautifully!