Thread: Anyone Give A Damn?

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar

Anyone Give A Damn?

So, with it being the 4th of July, and all that national pride stuff, is it passe or do people really give a damn? I mean with all that is going on, does it matter to anyone these days?

Seems that as far as television goes, it doesn't.

Your thoughts? Does it give you goose bumps, do you care, or just an excuse to watch half naked boys outside? :innocent:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

we went to 2 fireworks shows - one last saturday, one this evening. most people do care. they sing along with the patriotic songs, stand at attention and sing when the star spangled banner is played and all that good stuff. and i'm talking a pretty mixed bag in l.a. county at both shows.

Gay is the new Black
    I have never honestly connected the 4th with its meaning and I think it's the marketing of fireworks that drove me into the frenzy of shooting bottle rockets at people as I dodged Roman Candles, instead of remembering the adoption of the declaration.

Not that I don't know what the 4th stands for, just that I know it better as something else.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    This year all the holidays dont seem to have mattered much to me.

No clue why either to be honest

Regards,

Lee

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    I didn't go out at all, I didn't even watch the fireworks. I just stayed home and watched TV. I'm not really big on holidays.

Sana Chan
    Doesn't mean jack about freedom to me. Cept for a free day of pay. I always remembered it as a time were families and friendsgot together, cooked out, and chanced 2nd-3rd degree burns by playing with exploding toys. Ahh, those were the days.

MyLifeUncut
    I think most everyone knows the reason behind the 4th, but I think for the public as a whole it's just an excuse to party and not work. I'm not saying that it's just the 4th that this is the case; I mean, it's pretty much that way with most holidays, including Christmas.

I have to admit, I'm a very patriotic person and I probably know more about the flag than most people would care to know, but even I didn't really think that much of the holiday this year. It's just becoming another commercialized day.

My $0.02

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    The question that SHOULD be asked here is:

Do they have a 4th of July in England?

MyLifeUncut
    Of course they do. . Good joke, though.

Gay is the new Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansized View Post
    The question that SHOULD be asked here is:

Do they have a 4th of July in England?
    a 5th too from what I hear.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    I think of it more as the day Thomas Jefferson died.

Who was the REAL father of our country?

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    What I like most about the whole Independence Day thing is that on this day George Washington, turning down the idea that he should be crowned "king", allegedly said "You think I've fought all this time against George the Fourth just so that I could be crowned George the First??"