Thread: Why Are The Only Program Options In Adult..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Why Are The Only Program Options In Adult..

Pay per signup or revshare?

What about the other profitable revenue streams like pay per click, pay per impression, per lead, etc?

Why arent these smaller payout, by higher revenue generating business models as popular in the adult industry as they are in non-adult where the average affiliate can make in excess of $500k a year?

Your thoughts, why do you think the adult industry is stuck on revshare and per signup for its payouts?

Regards,

Lee

Gay is the new Black
    Based on the click to sale ratio, some people "could" offer PPC and PPI but in the long run, a smaller site that hasn't tweaked their tours and content for higher sales, would end up closing and owing money when someone like JUB or QC sets up a link and shoots a quick 30K unique on their direction.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Why Are The Only Program Options In Adult...Pay per signup or revshare?
    Because CCbill and Epoch don't offer the alternatives.

marcjacob
    Can you imagine the fraud that go with that?

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    well there were pay per click sponsors before
    click-thru calvin i think it was and others
    i think per-signup finally killed per click due to how popular it got and there was also lots of click fraud going on.

The pay-per-click programs though had one requirement that you had to convert at a certain rate and if you didn't they switched you to revshare or per-signup. Can't remember who it was but they had something like 1:250 ratio and another sponsor had 1:100 - so it wasn't such easy money .

when i started out, virtually all sponsors were pay per click. then cheating became a problem and they became pay per unique click. affiliates who wanted to make more money started sending traffic any way they could, so then the unique programs added rules like "no popup traffic". but as traffic converted more poorly, a lot of pay per unique programs added text you had to use in order to get paid - and also added a page surfers had to click through before they were counted.

the pay per lead and pay per click programs i know of will only pay you per lead or per clickthrough if you convert at a certain ratio. otherwise they pay you revshare.

the only way i could see a pay per lead adult program working would be with so many rules that they'd have to spend a lot of time checking referring urls and doing damage control on boards when the trolls who didn't read the rules get termed.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Because CCbill and Epoch don't offer the alternatives.
    They never offered that, even back in the day when PPC were the big thing.

Im wondering if it was less to do with the processors and more to do with programs/affiliates getting greedy and wanting their cash in bulk?

Regards,

Lee