Thread: searching for a new hosting company

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar

searching for a new hosting company

i'm looking for a new hosting company to host my personal sites. i have 5 or 6 personal domains containing a couple of pages of pics that i upload for my "myspace account" as well as for message boards once in a while. this is nothing fancy, just a typical "this is my homepage" site.

my bandwidth usage would be very low, and obviously a shared/virtual hosting account is more than sufficient.

i'm looking for something in the $20-$25 a month range, and i'm looking for the following:

some sort of linux/unix OS
    CGI and PHP capability
    unlimited email accounts and the ability to create them myself
    mySQL (optional)
    an ssh login to the server (very important)
    access to my email via some sort of webmail interface AND via shell/PINE
    good support via live chat/ICQ/AIM and/or phone

am I asking for too much? if you know of a place i can call my new home, please let me know!

thanks!
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

How long have you been gay?
    Hello Hagan,

Because of the SSH request the smallest package I could offer you would be in the $40 range but I would still like you to consider Caro.Net! We can certainly offer you a professional hosting environment based on quality hardware, with connections to an excellent and stable network, and quality 24/7 support.
    Mark M, 727-433-0745
    MMemmer@CaroHosting.com Support is everything!
    ICQ# 40467849, AIM MMemmer333

Inactive GWW Members

Happy

Try Dream Host
    $7.95/month for around 2000 GB bandwidth, unlimited domains and subdomains, 1 FREE domain registration included in the price, 200 GB disk storage!
    Please contact me on ICQ 30160426 if you need more info.

LOL @ dreamhost!!!

Hagan, I am not trying to sell you a chilihost package since we are no longer selling the $25/mo hosting package, but do yourself a HUGE favour and stay away from dreamhost.

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    I've been using Dreamhost for several years and for the type of hosting you describe I really can't fault them. They offer incredible value for money, their support is great and the control panel and knowledge base are so comprehensive, a 6 year old could set up what they need.

The downside is server speed can be slow and there's no live support, but you get what you pay for and I think they offer a good package for the price.

I made the mistake of going with iPowerweb before that - and had a very different experience - don't go there.
    UKNAKEDMEN.COM
    50% Revshare
    help@uknakedmen.com

Fitch-master
    Haganxy:

I can offer you this account for $19.95 a month -- with the SSH user access, but of course not root.

the account has :
    - Custom DirectAdmin control panel
    - 50GB of monthly transfer
    - 2000MB of storage
    - unlimited domains
    - unlimited emails
    - PHP, MySQL, and CGI
    - FTP, SSH, and File Manager
    - RoundCube Webmail (see roundcube.net/?p=screens )
    - AWStats and Webalizer

You can play with my online demo account (dont worry - it will not allow you to change any settings to mess anything up, so feel free to kick tires!)

hercules.a1websolutions.com:2222

user: demo_user
    pass: demo

If you have any more questions, feel free to ICQ me at 306-088-434, or hit me on skype at a1websolutions

Cheers!

Fitch-master
    I forgot to mention within the 5 minute time limit, that the bandwidth is Premium Multi-Homed (providers are Level3/PCCW/HE/Qwest) and the server OS is CentOS Linux (Redhat)

How long have you been gay?

Advice

I dont know any of the hosts mentiond, but I know luke's a god and knows what hes talking about.

Programming Mastermind
    I have had good luck with CyberWurx cyberwurx dot com (not allowed to post urls yet). I have just a few personal domains on my own account and it costs me like $7 a month. I have all those features you mentioned.

Fitch-master
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidMaX View Post
    I have had good luck with CyberWurx cyberwurx dot com (not allowed to post urls yet). I have just a few personal domains on my own account and it costs me like $7 a month. I have all those features you mentioned.
    with SSH enabled?

Programming Mastermind
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitch-master View Post
    with SSH enabled?
    I know it is on my account, I don't know if they let me have it in particular as I have been a customer with them for a long time. But you could ask them.

million
    check http://www.agnws.com :thumbsup: