Thread: Adult Vs. Mainstream # 55

Gay is the new Black

Adult Vs. Mainstream # 55

One of the biggest differences I notice, in adult, would be the price... or more so, who pitches it.

Every Mainstream design, art job I have worked, I was sent an E-mail with an outline of the work requested, a price for the job and a deadline to respond with "I can do what you need" or "I'm sorry but I cannot take on a new job at this time."

However, in adult, only a handful pitch a project with a budget. Most just seem to be "shopping" around and looking for a lowball offer.

Any reason for this?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    The price in manstream, in my experience, has been almost 10 times what the same work would/should cost in adult.

For example, i recently spoke to a mainstream designer about making me a template layout, 3 pages, join page, plus a couple of 88x32 buttons.

He quoted me $5000

I can get the same in adult, from the most expensive design company, for about $1500.

Regards,

Lee

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    My mainstream site is less complex yet cost 4 times what my adult sites have cost to build. Adult designers (like great adult content) is priced way under market.

Baghdad Bob
    there is more money to be made in non adult i think that is why prices are more