Thread: Speaking of... 15'4" laptop display or 17"?

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar

Speaking of... 15'4" laptop display or 17"?

Speaking of computers.. I am looking at purchasing another Sony laptop within the next few months, debating between 15.4" or 17"?

My past two Sony's have all been 15.4", I have never owned a 17" and there isn't a lot of 17" to choose from, but thought maybe a little bit bigger monitor would be nice. The 17" laptops sure are ugly and kind of big, which is what kept me away from them in the past.

Whatcha think?
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I have both and i must say, there really isnt that much noticable difference that i can see.

I have a 17 on the laptop and a 15.4 on my desktop which i only use for encoding.

Regards,

Lee

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    Size matters- always go for the biggest you can afford. :cigarette:

JMO- I have a 22" widescreen for my desktop display.

what are you using it for? if you are using it as a desktop replacement then the 17" is a must as it eases eye strain, but if its only for when you go out on the road then the smaller screen will be lighter and will give you better battery life. If you really want the best of both worlds, you can always buy a light weight laptop with a small screen plus a big LCD external monitor and dock it when using it as a desktop replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    what are you using it for? if you are using it as a desktop replacement then the 17" is a must as it eases eye strain, but if its only for when you go out on the road then the smaller screen will be lighter and will give you better battery life. If you really want the best of both worlds, you can always buy a light weight laptop with a small screen plus a big LCD external monitor and dock it when using it as a desktop replacement.
    I use it as a desktop replacement and have for a few years now. My laptop normally sits here on the coffee table in the living room and I am using it off and on probably 8hrs out of the day. So I was looking at the 17" display on the laptops and those suckers are ugly.

I have a 20" sony lcd on my desktop in the office I could drag out here, but I didn't want that on the coffee table out here, so that blows out the external lcd idea. Thanks for the info!
    Thanks,
    Jacob

MyLifeUncut
    I would suggest the bigger one since you'll be using it a lot and it probably wont be moving around much, but if they really look that ugly and that concerns you, go for the smaller one or look at another brand.

Quote Originally Posted by MyLifeUncut View Post
    I would suggest the bigger one since you'll be using it a lot and it probably wont be moving around much, but if they really look that ugly and that concerns you, go for the smaller one or look at another brand.
    Thanks babe. I would only consider a sony or hp. All of my pc's are sony's. The 17" hp looks like someone spilled lube all over it, all glossy and black. The 17" sony is black and just looks boring and I don't like how the built in mouse buttons are on it.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by LiveTwinksCam View Post
    The 17" hp looks like someone spilled lube all over it, all glossy and black.
    LOL!!!! Too funny

Jacob, you use your laptop on your coffee table? thats very bad for your posture, you really should get a proper desk and get yourself setup. Believe me, my partner just went through 8 months of physio to correct a shoulder problem for the exact same cause. He was fine till one morning he woke up with a siezed shoulder and neck, he had to spend 3 months taking 24 pills a day plus some pretty painful physio to get things back to near-normal. Even now, when he flies anywhere he gets stiff for days.

Thanks for the info babe and you're right about the posture thing! I have an entire office setup, it's pretty much ghost town since I got wireless a few years ago. Sometimes I go in there and do my work, but most of the time I am out here in the great room.

My radio's and stuff are in the office and when I am talking on them, I drag the laptop back in there. I have a few computers in the office also, but my main laptop is normally out here in front of the tv.

Thanks again for the concern and the info babe!
    Thanks,
    Jacob