Thread: CMA, MAS questions

Gay is the new Black

CMA, MAS questions

I picked up 26 new domains last night and wanted to know what the better MAS/CMS programs are for multi content/multi site

[edit] I know how to use, theme and code Joomla, price is not an issue, so please list more than just the free programs[/edit]

AWIZ is a basic and affordable solution that works pretty well and the guys that make it will do customizations for very cheap prices. I would avoid sitedepth as they have security issues that still have not been resolved, which is unfortunate as they had a good system with some nice features. If you have bigger budget, I would recommend carma by toomuchmedia.

Gay is the new Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    If you have bigger budget, I would recommend carma by toomuchmedia.
    Any clue about Carma VS. MAS (http://www.mansionproductions.com/)

MAS is powerful, complete and wonderful to use once you know how. also i found the folks who install it and do the support are helpful and you can get particular things written for it. on the other hand, if you really study what it can do, not sure many people would need anything more. it rocks!

but i'm not sure - ask the MAS folks and your host - how many paysites you can run on a single server. i would think 26 would be keeping that CMS mighty busy of course, unless you're sharing content between the sites or all the sites are nothing but plugins, 26 paysites wouldn't fit on any harddrive known to man after a year of updates.

Sorry, I have zero experience with MAS so I really don't know.

FYI, I am running 17 paysites with AWIZ, using a 750GB disk array and its keeping up quite fine.