Thread: Does PR matter?

Gay is the new Black

Does PR matter?

With all the SEO do and don't talk based on SEO this and That ... I thought I would ask the simple question of...

Does PR matter?

If yes: PR what? Meaning - JUB is PR4, GayDemon is PR5

Most people are working with a PR1 and PR2 - some, after a few years of work, make it to PR3

And if you put credit behind PR, How do you stack them in terms of price?

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    There is no Yes or No answer.

Yes it matters in that it does mean the site is active, that Gbot visits it frequently.

No that it has no effect really on your rankings in the SERPS.

It is a diluted valuation today, compared to the beginning.

IT shows a site is indexed, which is good for linking purposes. It shows, if a high value, that your link from it will be of some value, depending on the link trade done.

But no, its not the end all of end alls and for myself, I don't bother with PR, simply there is some, and what type of trade I'll get. :signhere:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

as i've been told - and believe me, i'm no SEO guru - higher PR also helps keep you from those times when you might have temporarily disappeared off google.

of course it matters, google spent a lot of money on the PR system and no one knows for certain the exact formula that G uses, so I am willing to bet big that PR matters.

And if nothing else, higher PR always gets you better hardlink trades!

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I'll disagree Luke, PR is not what it once was, even according to Chief Engineer, Matt Cutts. However they are moving to 'Page Trust' which is different, but similar at the same time. In addition, their explanation of PR is that it was abused too much by webmasters, hence its depreciated value.

However, yes it still does help in hard link trades. :morning:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

JustBryce
    Our PR did go down a couple of months ago, but our Google traffic actually went up. I started researching the issue hardcore to figure out how that was possible, and gaystoryman is right. Google PR is becoming deprecated. It has almost nothing to do with rankings on keywords anymore. Even though our PR went from a 5 to a 4, our site is crawled every single day. Yesterday Google crawled 56,636 pages on the site which is about average. Also, it has crawled the site 90 out of the last 90 days which is as far as I can see back using their webmaster tools. As long as the traffic is up, I'm not too worried over PR especially after everything I've read on all the SEO boards the last couple of months.

I agree PR is less important now than about 2 years ago, but I still think it plays a large part in your G rankings.

swoop
    Anyone still put trust or value in Alexa rankings?

I have always thought Alexa rankings are a good indication of overall positioning and traffic. Yes they are skewed but really they are the only source of these type of stats.

swoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    I have always thought Alexa rankings are a good indication of overall positioning and traffic. Yes they are skewed but really they are the only source of these type of stats.
    Good post, Alexa was one of the first one's out there and so many I talk to still live by this.