Thread: SPRINT, ATLANTIC RECORDS move to capitalize off "illegal" P2P networks

Camper than a row of tents

SPRINT, ATLANTIC RECORDS move to capitalize off "illegal" P2P networks

July 8, 2007 -- Sprint has signed on as the first company to underwrite a song to be distributed on file-sharing networks, agreeing to embed its logo on copies of tracks from Atlantic Records hip-hop artist Plies, sources told The Post.

The move represents another example of the music industry's evolving view of peer-to-peer networks as a potential new source of revenue instead of the bane of its existence.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07082007...ter_lauria.htm

-------------

I have been a big supporter of keeping file sharing places open, in hopes that the massive traffic could be legitimatized. I know a lot of GWW would rather see this stuff completely shut down. So what are your thoughts on this story?
    I post here to whore this sig.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Its just another example of how adult has fallen behind mainstream in embracing new technology.

There used to be a time when adult was at the forefront of embracing new terchnology and traffic sources and mainstream followed us, those times are long gone though as it seems there is no originality left in the industry any more

Regards,

Lee

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    seems to me EVERYONE has fallen behind when it comes to new technology. That's why the record companies are scrambline (Hell most of the record store chains are GONE now) the movie industry is trying to pretend like they're not panicking over all of the changes that have to be made.

The old men who once ruled are in a cold sweat. It's true.