Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Do Newbies Ask Other Newbies For Help?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Why Do Newbies Ask Other Newbies For Help?

Ive never really understood the concept myself.

I mean really, you wouldnt expect to get the right help from someone who was new to the business anyway would you?

It happens all the time on the straight boards, one newbie asks another for help and actually gets it LOL

Regards,

Lee

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    I can answer that as a newbie myself. Often time folks give answers that are borderline rude. Chock full of acronyms and tech terms that don't really help somebody that is out in the dark. So newbies share info with each other. I have been lucky to have found a few folks (Idol and Xstr8gy take a bow) that are very patient and take huge amounts of time to help. Hell after two years I still read answers to things and think 'what the hell does that mean?' then I have to go research and research and learn. Lot of newbies don't have a clue as to what they are getting into.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    True, but then some of them proclaim their experience by simply changing how long they been online. One I know claimed he began X years ago, which would have made him 17 at the time, but not like people check for truth anymore, just whoever gives them the answer they want. :innocent: not the right answer, just the one they want o hear :toiletpaper:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    because when we were newbies we were such newbies that we didn't really get that we were dealing with other newbies?

I mean how many of us knew the tell-tale signs of newbiedom?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Manifest_M View Post
    Hell after two years I still read answers to things and think 'what the hell does that mean?' then I have to go research and research and learn.
    But isnt that the way we learn? If everyone just handed the information to everyone else freely then we'd all be doing things the same way, we'd all be running the same kind of sites and we'd all be using the same types of content.

Surely just getting the 'basics' is a more productive answer so you know where to go out and form your own opinion on how to do something that works for you?

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman View Post
    One I know claimed he began X years ago, which would have made him 17 at the time
    Yeah ive seen that a few time in the last 12 months too, not just from newer webmasters either, some programs that have launched have said stuff like these 'horny 20 years old that we have been shooting for the last 5 years exclusively' making some of the content inside their site of a 15yr old.

Yet affiliates still flock to the program to promote it

Regards,

Lee

Looking for content ;)
    just because someone is a newbie doesnt mean that he/she cant be more advanced or have better knowledge of some areas than other newbie , so perhaps newbie to newbie relations are a good thing as they will help teach each other and are often more willing to share ideas etc than the established webmasters..

if an experienced webmaster gives an answer to a newb that raises another question, the newb can look it up in search and then, if he/she can't find the answer, can ask it. the result? not only does the newb know the answer to their first question - they now have added even more info to their arsenal.

Gay is the new Black
    Not every Newbie is a Newbie to everything.

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    Its the internet. Some one has a new idea every day. Alot of the "newbie" idea will make alot more money than some of the "veterans" that have been doing the same old thing for years

Marc
    When youre a newbie you'll take any advice you can get. its free to ask so why not?

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    I remenmber what I strated, not to long ago, newbie where the only who where willing to help, (It was not on this board BTW, as I,m sure everybody here are nice). But when I started, I was posting on a str8t board and poeple could be very mean whit newbies. Not just with me but with everybody. Not a lot of help.
    Mario

BritishTwinks
    Newbies seem (in my experience) more happy to share real advice. Old pros give advice more like "buy my content, it's the best, and you'll make more in the long term that way". :powwow:

but the advice they give is dangerous as often they don't actually know what they are talking about. not always, but i've seen a newb who talked like a pro damage other people's businesses on another board badly with his desire to be helpful.

luke and i are giving advice on another thread you posted on. obviously some of us "old pros" are willing to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishTwinks View Post
    Newbies seem (in my experience) more happy to share real advice. Old pros give advice more like "buy my content, it's the best, and you'll make more in the long term that way". :powwow:

Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post
    Not every Newbie is a Newbie to everything.
    Good point.
    What makes an 'old pro' more of an expert? There are a lot of 'newbies' that have years of experience in the mainstream online media market, but are just newer to the gay adult market. Some old pros only have experience in the adult market.

Both can be good resources.