Thread: Do Any Processors Allow The Use Of The Word 'Free'?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do Any Processors Allow The Use Of The Word 'Free'?

In relation to membership signups where its only free to access the site for 24-48 hours then rebills using a credit card that the surfer enters in order to get 'access' to the members area?

I dont remember what the deal was in relation to this when the new regs were handed down a few yrs ago.

Regards,

Lee

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    In relation to membership signups where its only free to access the site for 24-48 hours then rebills using a credit card that the surfer enters in order to get 'access' to the members area?

I dont remember what the deal was in relation to this when the new regs were handed down a few yrs ago.

Regards,

Lee
    Epoch does free trials via EU . Check out CE cash.
    I doubt you would get them or ccbill USA to do free unless you have a ton of volume $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by BBweb View Post
    Epoch does free trials via EU . Check out CE cash.
    I doubt you would get them or ccbill USA to do free unless you have a ton of volume $0.02
    CCBill has always supported free trials, but because it is a higher risk offering, it is dependent on the client’s volume with CCBill and/or their history with another provider. And in all candor, it does carry a higher processing rate on that particular offering and rebills.

Any Client Support Rep can get the process started, if you want to offer free trials.
    Gary
    CCBill

Gary,

Whats the deal on the use of the word 'free' though? Are there any specific terms that cant be used, free membership, free access, etc, etc?

Im getting a bunch of tours done right now but before i start plastering 'free' all over there i want to make sure im not breaking any 'rules' as it were with my use of the word

I know about volume issues and the extra fee, ive already worked that stuff out, i just want to make sure im using the word 'free' properly LOL

Regards,

Lee

There are no restrictions on the word 'free', but we would require that the specifics of the offer are outlined on the 'Join' page (billing page) - such as time frames, cancellation options and when/what they will be rebilled...before they enter their payment information.

But 'free membership, access' etc is fine, as long as the details are clear.
    Gary
    CCBill

Okay cool thanks for the info Gary

Regards,

Lee

Anytime, Lee. - Good luck with the new tours...
    Gary
    CCBill

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    So what type of volume would ccbill require for some one to run free trials? Is it a transaction per day or a $ ammount.

You just need to have a several month history with us (or another provider) and have processed $1000 or more - and we look at the ratio of chargebacks to volume.
    The lower the ratio, the better.
    Gary
    CCBill