Thread: What Are Your Thoughts On 'Cancel' Discounts?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Are Your Thoughts On 'Cancel' Discounts?

I must say, even cutting the membership price by 75% ive never had a single cancellation discount offer get taken.

Those of you that run your own paysites, do cancellation discounts work well for you in keeping members that want to leave your sites? If so how are you handling the pricing of the discount?

Regards,

Lee

I Love Sun and Fun
    I'm curious on the responses here - this is currently something we don't offer. We have thought about it, but I'd like to know what folks think about it.

adammalejames
    We don't offer a cancel discount during the cancel process- to me, that member is tired of your site, or running low on cash, which is why they are canceling. We wait a month or two, then offer them a rate that is about 25% off. It is amazing the response we get. I think if you offer too much in the way of cancel discounts, it becomes a game for the surfer... hell I remember back in the early 90's when AOL was my personal ISP and I knew if i called to cancel they would give me a free month. I did that for a year every other month called to cancel and get my free month :juggle:

rkobcan

From a consumers perspective

I have never accepted a Cancel Discount offer and in fact they annoy me. If I am canceling it's either because I didn't have the time or no longer was interested in the content I found there. Why would I continue to pay for something in which I am no longer interested?

Just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by rkobcan View Post
    ... If I am canceling it's either because I didn't have the time or no longer was interested in the content I found there. Why would I continue to pay for something in which I am no longer interested?
    Good point. We do see cancel discounts work, but we have seen more success with new content/site offers when a consumer goes to cancel.

If they are canceling because they are tired of the content, quite often they can be tempted to stay with new, alternate content/sites.
    Gary
    CCBill

dont be jealous becuase i'm beautiful, be jealous because i just fucked your boyfriend
    We do alright with them. Don't have exact figures, but we get a few accepted everyday.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccjax View Post
    Good point. We do see cancel discounts work, but we have seen more success with new content/site offers when a consumer goes to cancel.
    Can we offer that in WebAdmin?

Ive only ever seen the option to offer a discounted rate, not a completely new site.

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Can we offer that in WebAdmin?

Ive only ever seen the option to offer a discounted rate, not a completely new site.
    Lee,

It is in the WebAdmin, and is part of the cancel 'upgrade', and something that Client Support can activate for you.
    Gary
    CCBill