Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying A 2nd Home In Mexico - Anyone Done This?

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    I feel dumb. Had been under the impression that Americans couldn't own property in Mexico.

Yeah, I know ...

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GLIDER View Post
    I feel dumb. Had been under the impression that Americans couldn't own property in Mexico.

Yeah, I know ...
    you can own whatever you want - its the land it sits on that you can't own... that's all - but that's kind of important - its like indian reservations here in the states - you can own the structure but not the land that it sits on...

Quote Originally Posted by A_DeAngelo View Post
    you can own whatever you want - its the land it sits on that you can't own... that's all - but that's kind of important - its like indian reservations here in the states - you can own the structure but not the land that it sits on...

Isn't it similar in Canada? The queen owns all the land, you can only lease it or something like that?

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Isn't it similar in Canada? The queen owns all the land, you can only lease it or something like that?
    the queen? which queen? the leather queen?

always loved that queen Beatrice or whomever that owns Shell oil and runs HOLLAND too - saw her once at the christening of a Holland America ocean liner... she seemed nice enough

do you think they ever have any fun? I mean get away and have some rip roaring fun...

I mean she must be cool - look at all those hot leather men that are dutch and run around Amsterdam - she's got to be cool...

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A_DeAngelo View Post
    look at all those hot leather men that are dutch and run around Amsterdam - she's got to be cool...
    Is she Queen for life? Was there a KING of Amsterdam at one point? All that stuff confuses me. Like why didn't Queen Elizabeth's mom become queen when her husband died? From what I saw, she was his COUSIN and had just as much royal blood flowing in her veins.

mgillis
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Nope, not true - but funny!

Thanks, Bec. That was the best laugh I'll have all day! (and I don't mean that rudely, it really cracked me up)

The queen of England doesn't own Canada. Canadians buy land outright.

mgillis
    And, to answer the question originally asked.

Yes, I do have a friends who purchased near Baja.

They'd been there six months when some anti-American guerilla group (ironic, since they were Canadian) broke into their homes and attacked them. He ended up in the hospital with a fractured skull, multiple broken bones and she was stabbed in the lungs with a screwdriver.

The both survived the attacks, but needless to say, they have sold up and returned home.

Be careful, Lee. Get some investigation done on you areas and security before you buy. Mexico is a beautiful country (I do love it), but extremely poor and the cartels have a stronghold on the country - it makes for desperate people, who can be convinced to do desperate things.