Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Previews = Increase in Sales?

blah blah blah...

Video Previews = Increase in Sales?

Sounds like such an obvious questions...but i just wanted to run it past you guys.

I'm thinking about adding short sample clips to my preview at www.dixter.com (like my most recent update http://www.dixter.com/preview/023/index.html).

Wondering if you guys think it'll increase sales etc and if it's worth the time and money (editing & bandwidth) to do it. From now on, the new updates will ALL have these sample clips...so what I’m asking is if you guys think it would help if i went back and added them to the other 22 archived movies that don’t have them.

Thanks guys!!

Allan

DIXTER.COM
    Dixter.com Affiliate Program
    50/50 Rev Share Program with 5% Webmaster Referrals

blah blah blah...
    ps...does the clip play/work for everyone?

DIXTER.COM

Looking for content ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by GPallan View Post
    ps...does the clip play/work for everyone?
    the one i looked at played fine for me... looked good too...

to be honest i would change the final screen, 2257, to an add and leave it at that... imo you are wasting good advertising space on a pointless info screen..

we have been using flash videos in our tours and they work really well. I love your sample page, it should do great for you

I Love Sun and Fun
    We have a handful of older scenes without clips. Similarly old scenes with clips sell better, so I would say it is worth it. Great site and great preview by the way.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    No they dont always increase sales.

I forget who it was but a couple of months ago someone posted on GWW asking for advice on why their site wasnt converting sales wise, they had about 5 gigs of video on their tour and they werent making any sales.

Regards,

Lee

blah blah blah...
    Thanks Guys!

Hmm....would be cool if you remember the site, Lee. So that i don't do what they did :drunk:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    No they dont always increase sales.

I forget who it was but a couple of months ago someone posted on GWW asking for advice on why their site wasnt converting sales wise, they had about 5 gigs of video on their tour and they werent making any sales.

Regards,

Lee

DIXTER.COM

blah blah blah...
    oh trust me, i hate having that pointless 2257 info there. but isn't it necessary? i'm noticing some of the bigger sites aren't using them on their preview clips. could i remove it and still be ok complice wise ??? i mean the clip has our URL on there....so all anyone would have to do is come to the site for the 2257 info

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    the one i looked at played fine for me... looked good too...

to be honest i would change the final screen, 2257, to an add and leave it at that... imo you are wasting good advertising space on a pointless info screen..

DIXTER.COM

I Love Sun and Fun
    Quote Originally Posted by GPallan View Post
    . . .i mean the clip has our URL on there....so all anyone would have to do is come to the site for the 2257 info
    Ah, logic coming from the US Feds. . . . now that would be refreshing wouldn't it? There's not a lot of logic in the regs. We put a 2257 on vids that can be downloaded, and streaming only previews we don't - yet.

Looking for content ;)
    well i am no lawyer so i wouldnt know for sure but seeing as how they are on your site where they can see the 2257 and the fact that your url are on the clips where they can visit and see the 2257 i would not add them but perhaps being in the US you have to, i wouldnt know for sure

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    The 2257 notice is required on the video, and also on previews. If the video does not have end credits, the 2257 notice must be at the beginning of the video.

Mickey, you should really not be giving 2257 advice when you have no understanding of the regulations. Offering "It seems to me" suggestions is reckless and not helpful, because there are a lot of people that read the boards and never post, and if they read advice that's blatantly wrong and then act on it (granted, a stupid move, but people will do that) they may get themselves in a world of trouble.

Even though you are outside of the US, any sponsor or program that either is in the US or does business in the US is subject to 2257. If you don't comply, a lot of sponsors won't promote your site.

blah blah blah...
    ummm.....eh....how did this all of a sudden become a 2257 post? :crybaby:

so would most of you guys agree with me? that adding preview clips can only increase my sales? thanks

DIXTER.COM

I agree with you

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

Well...

I suggested over a year ago that we have a separate 2257 section to this board and I was shot down. I was told that no one knows what is going to happen or what it means so why bother...well it is something that the government can use to FUCK you so why no talk about it even it is rumor?

We discuss possible future trends etc but no one wants to think about governmental impact until the shit hits the fan. Why not? Not fun to discuss for sure but fucking important.

Hello...

Well, now here it is again. Like it ever went away.

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Sorry for hijacking your thread, I just get annoyed when people offer "it seems to me" advice in place of the actual law, particularly when there's jail time involved.

Back on topic... as long as you don't give too much away in your tour (or galleries you give to affiliates), video previews in your tour should do nothing but enhance sales, really gives the surfer a chance to see what you're offering.