Thread: Gorilla Marketing

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar

Gorilla Marketing

Okay it used to be a heavily used tactic, still might be, but damned if I know... so who uses it these days? and why? I am curious to know if its something you feel is a valid form for you, and oh yeah, what's your definition of it.. everyone uses the same words, but have different views on what it is. :morning:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Gay is the new Black

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Guerilla marketing is great and when used properly, there really is no such thing as bad publicity

Regards,

Lee

Billaboy
    Well, guerilla marketing is still used a lot in the advertising industry. Some people describe it as actions undertook by small businesses to achieve a lot with small means... but in reality Guerilla marketing has many synonyms (buzz marketing, viral marketing, etc) and could be considered as any actions made by anyone using a small budget and aiming to have a big impact (such as with a word-of-mouth component).

As for it's effectiveness... I can't say how useful it is for small sites as I mostly use it for major corporations with large budget and a varied mix-media. But if you want some ideas of what could be done don't hesitate to send me a pm.

Frank

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    guerrilla marketing tactics have been key to our success - the term is used by most all of us (present and former) ad guys in the same way - cheap, down and dirty and, cost effective

the phrase was first coined in the early '80s (in my "hay day") and is like anything else "guerrilla" - unconventional, aggressive and sometimes controversial

viral campaigns are run this way and the internet has paved the way in terms of a gazillion outlets for "free" branded products - branding is essential in order for this form of marketing to work

again, case in point - our ad for mac in 1084 revolutionized the industry http://www.apple-history.com/1984.html

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar
    Here in Argentina they use stenciling on walls to advertise websites all the time. They are everywhere!

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

Baghdad Bob
    there is a lot of grafiti done here for websites on the side of buildings and on trains

PagePeelMktg
    So... Wait.. Nobody's actually selling gorillas? How disappointing.