Thread: Paysite Names And Program Branding?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Paysite Names And Program Branding?

I just wondered what everyone thought about this topic, im starting to put together a new program right now and i was curious to see your thoughts in terms of the names of the paysites.

Should i use non-program descript names such as 'Retro Studs' for example, or do you think a paysite branded to the program name would work well for example 'Retro Bling' presuming the program had 'bling' in its name?

Do you think there are advantages over using a more generic name over a name that also carries the affiliate programs brand in it also?

For example, FreakBucks on the straight side of the industry has 'freak' in pretty much all of their paysite domain names, do you think that helps them any?

Regards,

Lee

It depends.

Fratcash is meant to promote Fratmen and Fratmen-related sites..

We have four.

fratmen.com (DVD sales)

fratmen.TV (memership site carrying the full Fratmen catalogue)

Fratpad.com (cam site featuring the Fratmen models.)

and the soon-to-be-released

iFratmen.com (a podcast-only, stripped-down version of Fratmen.TV)

If we had lots of different niche-specific sites... then yeah.. don't brand to one.

Considering our four sites are all just different facets of the same diamond, it makes sense to brand.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children. chubbs's Avatar
    IMO it depends on the amount of time and $ you are investing in marketing. If you have the time and $ to plaster the sites names all over the place I don't think the name is as important. But if you are limited in your ad budget, then yes, I think a catchy name makes all the difference.

In regards to a common word/phrase in the names, I think that may help a little with surfer recognition but more so with webmasters.

Hope this helps --Chubbs