Thread: Fonts And Design

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Fonts And Design

I was curious, how do you folks go about choosing the fonts you are going to use on a specific design?

Do you have a preset idea of what you want a sites name/logo to look like and cchoose the font based on that or, do you scroll through all the fonts you have and see which one looks best?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Are you referring to the fonts for graphics, or on text within the page? For graphics, yeah sure I scroll around to see what fits, at times, but not for the actual text within the page... not all browsers have the same fonts, so I play that part safe. :thumbsup:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    I usually have a good idea of what style font I will be using when I first visualize the design. Then I grab a few in that style to see which I like best.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    So where do you folks get yoru fonts from, do you use the free font download sites like BlamBot or do you tend to use paid fonts?

Regards,

Lee

Most graphic programs come packed with a bunch of fonts, and when I want more I just grab 'em from the free sites, or look through about 6 discs of fonts I've picked up over the years.

6500 Free Fonts is one I use a lot.

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    As a designer, I have only used a limited number of faces over the years... and have my favorites - most people in my profession will agree that aside form headline faces, body text becomes unreadable - and the younger folks always come up with a lot of unreadable out there - (thank god for us senior creative directors to hold them in check!)

A huge number of faces don't work with web applicactions

and of course, I have designed a few of my own type faces over the years which I use as standards and are used by corporations and institutions like The J. Paul Getty Trust here in LA

nothing like a clean, readable type face for me... (personally speaking)

Looking for content ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Most graphic programs come packed with a bunch of fonts, and when I want more I just grab 'em from the free sites, or look through about 6 discs of fonts I've picked up over the years.

6500 Free Fonts is one I use a lot.
    hehe thank you. bookmarked..