Thread: Has Anyone Else Noticed How TV Commercials Have Started...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Has Anyone Else Noticed How TV Commercials Have Started...

Speaking to the viewer like they are dumb as dirt?

It used to be the companies running these commercials would just tell you the facts about their products, nowadays it seems like they are treating the viewer as an idiot.

It doesnt seem to matter what is being sold either, from pharmacy products to mortgages through to air freshners, the 'tone' of the commercials has gotten to the point where even though they are trying to sell their product to adults, they talk like we're dumb kids.

I just wondered if anyone else had noticed this?

Regards,

Lee

MTV has lowered IQs.

I'm not kidding.

people are stupider these days.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I was about to agree, until I realized it was the news program itself I was watching, not the commercial, which was just as bad.. :innocent:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Have you seen the movie "Idiocracy"? It's a really funny satire on the future of our civilization and how dumbed down it gets, but also really freaky that we seem to be headed in that direction.

I don't blame MTV, though. A dumb country is more easily controlled. Everytime a serious political issue comes up the terror alert raises so people are too afraid to worry about anything else. Ballot boxes are rigged and voting is proven to scammed but yet the results are final. There are things going on every day that take away our rights more and more and we're fighting a war that has gone beyond disastrous but we're force fed news stories about Paris Hilton being in jail. It's no wonder we're a mess.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    Cam and I really don't watch much commercial television any longer and since I gave up making my $$$$$ in the ad business, don't follow these trends....

but guess what? - just take a look at the average GPI of high school graduates these days and see how many are going on to four year education - and I'll bet you'll have the demographic your looking for.... not to mention that the target audience of most "broad" marketing campaigns are going after those with the most to lock in - the 18-25 year olds (before brains have stopped growing)

only a hunch... (don't take my word for it...)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasun View Post
    MTV has lowered IQs.

I'm not kidding.

people are stupider these days.
    STUPIDER ????

I know where your grandpa is but where the fuck is your grammar!!!
    Domain inventory sale.

Marc
    I think its good. Its like website useability. "Dont make me think, just tell me what to do"
    People are busier than ever with their lives and dont have time to read the details about products, just give me the main benefits and I'll buy it if I like it.
    That's why top 10 lists are so popular.
    No details, just the important stuff.

jaycar
    I dont think that people are stupider than they were 50 years ago. I think people in general today are just plain lazy. Everything is on tap. Who needs to read any more? No one, because theres so many channels on TV with 24 hour news and currant affair programs. So we just sit. And while we sit, we are being fed what higher powers want us to hear and know about and generally that is whats going on in the middle east. We dont have as many TV channels here as you guys do but we have one whose news coverage, 90% is about the middle east and then others who just go on about how the local firemen rescued a cat out of a tree and off course how well our Prime Minister sucks GB's cock!!

Newspaper are not NEWS papers anymore but Hollywood rags and gossip mags. the ones that still report news that matters, struggle financially to put out each issue because of poor circulation. Reality TV, B.B. etc etc etc, need I say anymore?? Those shows whos intelect value are zero, are flooding our airwaves and our kids brains. kids dont think anymore except whats the latest trend. I love my kids to bits but do you think I can have an intelligent and deep conversation with my 16 year old daughter? No!! She is not aware of whats going on around her and doesnt see the big picture in things. She worries more about what looks good on her for example than she does about her future. As for my son, well, I wont start. My kids are typical of kids in this country and many others no doubt. Try as hard as you may, there are forces working against you to keep these kids in the dark and so in the future, easier to manipulate (and Im not talking about some evil spirits or demons either).

Feel free anyone to disagree. Its early in the morning here and Ive had my first cup of coffee so I'm ready for it. :bananacock:

Cheers

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    I agree

(lee wants me to write more - "my message is too short")

well, if "I agree" is too short a reply than let me state my comment again....

I agree

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    I've noticed.

But I've thought things like that since TV tried to convince me that one brand of sugar (C&H) was worth the thirty-six cents more it cost to by than plain-wrap sugar.

jaycar
    hmmm, i think everyones in bed! I think im in the wrong time zone to have a good written debate on here :sleepy:
    oh well, maybe I just have to become a night owl again
    cheers

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycar View Post
    oh well, maybe I just have to become a night owl again
    cheers
    Nooo....

Im trying to get out of another cycle of staying up till 3-4am and waking up at 10-11am again.

Every time i seem to break the cycle it lasts a couple of weeks and i fall right back in to it, i hate having to stay up later and wake up late but my body clock is all fucked up

Regards,

Lee

jaycar
    ahhhh, there is someone still up...cool. I know what you mean though. im trying to get back to a normal routine and go to bed at a reasonable time and not stay up till the wee hours still working. the dangers of working from home I guess. Its only 1.58 pm here. judge Judy is on at 3, thats my lunch break usually.

CamCruise
    What I hate is the repetition.
    The same one comes on 10 times in a half a hour.
    Till the last thing I want to go buy is what ever they are selling.

In fact I cant remember the last time I got anything that I saw on the tube.