Thread: Where should I move to next?

Marc

Where should I move to next?

Hey all, about a year and a half ago I posted that I was leaving Boston and moving to San Diego and talked about it here forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/showthread.php?t=15979

I had an older username Marc and it expired but I re-made it, in case youre thinking im new.

Well I did move to San Diego and I've been here a year. And while it's beautiful, I'm sorry to say that I definetely don't want to stay here and am looking for a new city to move to. This was really tough and lonely year and this city is just not my vibe.
    So other cities Im thinking about are Portland, Denver and Albuquerque. I've never been to any of those places but will probably go to ABQ next month for the rodeo.

I do enjoy gay ghettos and knowing theres somewhat of a gay community around.

Was just wondering if any of you have any feedback on any of these cities, or other cities.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    The WeHo (West Hollywood) Gay Ghetto is far too weird for my midwestern sensibility.

I think I'd like SanFran... but exploring gay Western Europe is what I really want to do.

And that is why I'm chatting with European members here to get travel ideas.

Both Phoenix and Las Vegas have good community newspapers that I subscribe to (the electronic versions), both have Rodeos i believe, and LV has a Business Association.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    The WeHo (West Hollywood) Gay Ghetto is far too weird for my midwestern sensibility.

I think I'd like SanFran... but exploring gay Western Europe is what I really want to do.

And that is why I'm chatting with European members here to get travel ideas.

Both Phoenix and Las Vegas have good community newspapers that I subscribe to (the electronic versions), both have Rodeos i believe, and LV has a Business Association.
    i was thinking europe too, but its really out of my price range right now, especially with the exchange rate, I couldnt do it

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    How about Beverly Hills?

Regards,

Lee

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    Amsterdam is very cool but, you can really be anywhere these days...

we like multiple places to land with several spots on the left coast as our primary base - north of SF (mendocino) - Berkeley (don't like the nasty mess SF has become) - plus the price of garage condos has gone through the roof! not too mention the way over priced real estate - to the central coast - great air and lots of healthy living - to our home base here in fab Beverly Hills (which can get to you if your not into conspicuous consumption) - however, life style is among the best places in the world - hand down
    -
    the key for us is... avoiding "gay meccas" which most gay people in our age bracket have left long behind for greener and more comfortable pastures - no need to be around a bunch of people who are trying to find a past life style that no longer exists you know....