Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should The 3rd Party Processors Do This...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Should The 3rd Party Processors Do This...

When an affiliate hasnt hit the minimum payout, should they periodically 'void' or clear out those funds to the program owner, say after 12 months of that affiliate not sending any more traffic?

I realize the funds are the affiliates for sales they have made but at the same time, if they ever request those funds to be paid out, CCBill and Epoch could easily take the money out of 'current' sales from the program owners split instead of sitting on potentially thousands of dollars earning interest that the program owner shoudl be earning the interest on.

What are your thoughts on this, should sales made by affiliates that havent met the minimum payouts be cleared back to the program owner after a specific period of time as long as the program mentions this in their TOS?

Regards,

Lee

My thoughts are that it isn't your money from day one...it's the resellers money from their traffic ..it's their interest too if its anybodies ...

I do agree that the processor shouldn't get it, but if anyone should, it should be sent by check to the affililiate with a letter saying their account has been closed due to insufficient activity. Along with maybe denying that affiliate reseller rights for a certain period.

just my 2c
    Domain inventory sale.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmpitLover View Post
    My thoughts are that it isn't your money from day one...it's the resellers money from their traffic ..it's their interest too if its anybodies ...
    Well yes and no, if a minimum payout is required by the sponsors T.O.S then until that minimum has been hit, the affiliate is agreeing its actually the 'sponsors' money.

Regards,

Lee

Looking for content ;)
    hmm, find myself in a strange position here .. i for once agree with Lee on something

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Well yes and no, if a minimum payout is required by the sponsors T.O.S then until that minimum has been hit, the affiliate is agreeing its actually the 'sponsors' money.

Regards,

Lee
    The affiliate is actually agreeing its held in Escrow until he make the required amount of sales
    Domain inventory sale.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmpitLover View Post
    The affiliate is actually agreeing its held in Escrow until he make the required amount of sales
    Well thats not actually true, if that were the case then PPS sponsors wouldnt get their $$$ from CCBill or Epoch transactions until the affiliate hit the payout threshold.

I mean as a program owner, i can see there being hundreds of thousands of dollars each yeah just sitting there waiting to be collected/paid out indefinately.

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I am cranky this morning, but as I see it, it is the reseller's money, and if they don't make the minimum, then close the account, send them what is OWED them and that should be it. To me its like you hire a kid to mow your lawn, you tell him you'll pay him once a month, providing he mows your grass 4 times.

After the 3rd time he moves away, quits, goes back to school. You still owe him the money, to keep it because he didn't complete your 4th mowing doesn't in any way negate that he did cut it three times. You owe him for work done.

THese constant attempts to justify theft amazes me. It is the reseller's money. His traffic earned, he deserves it. I can accept minimum payouts, to keep costs down, but at the end it is 6the resellers money
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman View Post
    After the 3rd time he moves away, quits, goes back to school. You still owe him the money, to keep it because he didn't complete your 4th mowing doesn't in any way negate that he did cut it three times. You owe him for work done.
    Right, but then when he asks for the money for the 3 cuts, he gets it.

Exactly the same way that PPS sponsors operate when an affiliate only makes 1 sale then leaves the industry, if he hasnt made the payout threshold, the PPS sponsor still gets the money from the processor for the sale and only releases it to the affiliate once asked for it, by the affiliate.

I can accept minimum payouts, to keep costs down, but at the end it is 6the resellers money
    Agreed it is the affiliates money, but why shouldnt the program owner get that money until the affiliate has met the minimum payout, rather than the processor keeping those funds, for potentially years earning thousands of dollar sin interest, that the program could be earning and using to improve their program?

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Agreed it is the affiliates money, but why shouldnt the program owner get that money until the affiliate has met the minimum payout, rather than the processor keeping those funds, for potentially years earning thousands of dollar sin interest, that the program could be earning and using to improve their program?
    Because it's not your money to have. If the program gives you the money and the affiliate starts selling you again, then what happens?

As others have said, the only fair thing to do is after a year, cut the webmaster a cheque and inform him that you've closed his account. I don't care what the TOS says. TOS is just a bunch of BS people hide behind to make sure things go their way. The ethical thing is to pay the webmaster out.

And as far as giving the site owner the money so they can improve their site, give me break. Give the site owner the money so they can pay their rent, buy more cars, go on more vacations, buy more coke, buy iPhones, is more like it.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear View Post
    Because it's not your money to have. If the program gives you the money and the affiliate starts selling you again, then what happens?
    It comes out of the programs next payout from the processor, there are ALWAYS funds in arrears at any processor.

What im suggesting, what a lot of you seem to be missing, is no different to what happens at PPS sponsors, they get ALL of the money for affiliate sales, even the $$ for affiliates that have only made 1 sale and not hit minimum payout.

So the next logical question to ask is...

Why is okay for PPS programs to do this and not revshare program owners?

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    This is just another fine way for Lee to demonstrate just how cheap he really is. What? Do you have $73 sitting in your CCbill account that you just can't live without? I agree that it shouldn't just be sitting in CCbill's bank collecting interest for years and years.

Doesn't CCbill periodically reconcile accounts and make payouts? Surely most affiliates have multiple accounts merged and can easily make the minimum cutoff for a CCbill check. Isn't it just $25 minimum for a check anyways?

And another thing... if a CCbill affiliate has your program merged into a master account, he can still reach the minumum even if he isn't promoting your program anymore.

Dzinerbear
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    I agree that it shouldn't just be sitting in CCbill's bank collecting interest for years and years.
    Why shouldn't they. It's their database, their storage space, and their accountants that have to keep track of it and carry it over month after month.

Michael

Why shouldn't they. It's their database, their storage space, and their accountants that have to keep track of it and carry it over month after month.

Michael
    Because it isnt their money maybe?

The processors already take out their fees on every transaction.

Why shouldnt those funds be dispersed to the program owner and taken out of the next payout the program owner gets from the processor if and when the affiliates who are owed $20 asks for it?

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy

Michael
    All I'm suggesting is that CCbill should periodically reconcile inactive accounts (if they don't do this already). It is a common business practice and a generally accepted accounting principle.

Dzinerbear
    Tomaaaaaaaaaaato ... Tomahhhhhhto