Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Backing Up Your Harddrives

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Bec, our Terastations did come with Mimeo, but we haven't used it. We store directly to the Terastation (or to our video server) and we back up the Terastation and video servers to SDLT tapes (160 gigs/tape) using EMC Retrospect, which is less than $100.

I have heard very good things about Mimeo and it seemed very simple to set up, but I haven't used it.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Oh, one other cheap and relatively easy to use option is Jungledisk in combination with Amazon A3, which is an online backup solution. It's dirt cheap (something like 15 cents per gig of storage per month) and apparently reliable.

We were about to implement that to back up two of our web servers, but we just decided to switch those servers to National Net, where the backup is included as part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Bec, our Terastations did come with Mimeo, but we haven't used it. We store directly to the Terastation (or to our video server) and we back up the Terastation and video servers to SDLT tapes (160 gigs/tape) using EMC Retrospect, which is less than $100.

I have heard very good things about Mimeo and it seemed very simple to set up, but I haven't used it.

Ok, thanks for getting back to me Chip ... sincerely appreciate all the information you've shared!

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    Bec:

Like I've posted somewhere before... after running regular back-ups (we have an automatic program for mac) - we send externals away for safekeeping and keep extras that go to the bank at regular intervals -

we also have three servers in cyberspace and in different geographical locations within the us - due to earthquakes, hurricanes and other potential natural disasters...

can't have enough back-ups you know and our content is important to us....