Thread: Question on prices for resellers?

alexmiami72

I Wonder? Question on prices for resellers?

I produced a video that its about 30 min long, with 2 military twins, and done bareback. I have invested $1200 in the production of this video (camera, locations, editing, expenses, models total $1200)

My question: What is regular price to sell this video with the rigths of reselling? :bandana:
    Last edited by alexmiami72; 07-18-2007 at 07:14 PM. Reason: spelling

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    What do you mean "rights of reselling"? Are you talking about a one-time sale where you'd give up all rights to the product to someone else who would then own all rights and be able to do whatever, or selling to multiple buyers, each of whom would have more limited rights?

alexmiami72
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    What do you mean "rights of reselling"? Are you talking about a one-time sale where you'd give up all rights to the product to someone else who would then own all rights and be able to do whatever, or selling to multiple buyers, each of whom would have more limited rights?
    With the sell I will the give up all rights to the product to someone else who would then own all rights and be able to do whatever.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    OK.

A lot depends on the quality of the shoot, attractiveness of the models, etc., and whether it's US models, but assuming that they are US models, I would guess the range that content buyers would pay under those circumstances would be between $1000-2000, perhaps a bit more if it's a really stunning scene.

Also, keep in mind that if the models are real twins and they are having sex (as opposed to just j/o next, a lot of studios/sites won't touch it because it would be incest and considered obscene in many places.

alexmiami72
    OK.

Also, keep in mind that if the models are real twins and they are having sex (as opposed to just j/o next, a lot of studios/sites won't touch it because it would be incest and considered obscene in many places.
    my bad... I mean to write "Twinks"

Zappu
    You have different possibilities. You should sell the DVD rights per country or area, that's the usual way. So you will get for North America (incl. Canada) approx 1200$ to 1500$, for Germany (incl. AT & CH) approx. 600$, Scandinavia about 300$ and GB about $400 and so on and on. But as mentioned before, depends to the quality and most important - if you have one scene only, nobody will care about you or have a look to the video.

How long have you been gay?
    OK.

What do you mean by "just j/o next"?

I'm not Gay...Not that there's anything wrong with that.... EmporerEJ's Avatar
    Political subdivision United States, Continent North America, Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappu View Post
    You have different possibilities. You should sell the DVD rights per country or area, that's the usual way. So you will get for North America (incl. Canada) approx 1200$ to 1500$, for Germany (incl. AT & CH) approx. 600$, Scandinavia about 300$ and GB about $400 and so on and on. But as mentioned before, depends to the quality and most important - if you have one scene only, nobody will care about you or have a look to the video.
    And you are completely missing the VR rights. If it's First person perspective, or "point of view" it could be used for VR, a completely non-competitive use.
    It would seem you would do much better selling off the individual rights to the content, or trying to find someone to buy the all inclusive rights. I'm just not sure there are that many people out there that would do that. It's my impression (and I could be wrong of course) but people interested in all inclusive rights find it more economical, and better controlled to produce content at their own standards/production company.

Eric J. White
    VirtualSexMachine.com

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Now the discussion of how the adult video sales market is shifting from VHS to DVD to VOD is impacting the revenue of studios, needs to focus on how this change in revenue affects the dollar value of scenes produced and/or purchased.

The points made above about stunning video are not the big deal in VOD that they were in DVD or even VHS. When the picture is reduced to 320x240 (or less), and the frame rate reduced to 15fps (or less), the value of scenery, set decoration, and other "small" details are no longer of value.

While the Titans of the world can make a $50,000 DVD production, and recoup their costs and earn overhead costs by selling 2,000 - 4,000 copies at $25 wholesale to a network of retail stores, and $50 for store rental and to an e-mail list of devoted buyers, Indie studios with no sales and marketing infrastructure that rely on a handful of VOD partners, will earn pennies on the dollar in comparison for their efforts.

Now that begs the question to content producers here: if sales are moving to VOD, the prices for scenes needs to move as well.

Two military Twinks for 30 minutes @ 25% of $.08/minute does not equal $1200, in the same world that used to exist for $20 DVDs, especially when the average attention span of a VOD viewer is 2 minutes to 3 minutes max.

At the same time that you want us to buy your highly produced, decorated, costumed, located and edited 30 minute package, others are uploading their home videos to XTube - and getting watched for their grainyness, grittyness, and realness.

Its a new world, afterall.

And, how does one control "North American Rights" when a scene is put up on AEBN, Hot Movies or XTUbe?

I'm not Gay...Not that there's anything wrong with that.... EmporerEJ's Avatar
    Political subdivision United States, Continent North America, Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    nickbaer makes some very valid points, and really puts the focus on the studios that have been around and focused on creating content primarily for retail.
    With one correction....
    There is no "$50.00" for rental in the USA, unless you are speaking of some sort of special program a studio would make with a vendor, or some kind of a booth system arrangement. In the USA, there is just the wholesale price. Once a video store buys a video from the distributor, they are free to re-sell it, or rent it, according to their whim. That's how I spent the first 10 years of my life in the adult business, owning a chain of video stores.

But it is a new world, and it's really a good thing, not a bad thing. Fact is, studios should be doing cartwheels. There are now multiple paths of distribution, where there were only a small number before. You'd think they would be knocking down the door to flood the industry with the old content that is no longer salable except as compilations, or $1 sell through deals.

I think this precisely what I wrote about in July 2001
    http://www.vrinnovations.com/Newslin...nline72001.htm

Eric J. White
    VirtualSexMachine.com