Thread: Some Review Sites Are Crazy...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Big Grin Some Review Sites Are Crazy...

So a couple of weeks ago i tried a little experiment in terms of getting some site reviews done.

The experiment was this, i took two of the Condom Cash sites and redid them from scratch, both sites had EXACTLY the same content inside them, both sites had EXACTLY the same upsells inside them and both sites had EXACTLY the same cost and EXACTLY the same type of HTML based tour.

After a couple of days i got contacted about 1 of the sites and it was going to be reviewed, no problem there, on a scale of 1 to 5 the first site scored a 4.

A couple of days later, the next site had been reviewed, and scored a 1.

Why was there such a difference in the review score if both sites had exactly the same stuff in them? Your guess is as good as mine :eek:

Both reviews were written by the same person too LOL

Regards,

Lee

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    I've never given much credence to most of the review sites out there. Most of them are a joke and have some type of interest in writing the reviews they write.

Bill

Sorry I'm Strait, but I was Born This Way! Rob Ragan's Avatar
    Just so you know and as an unknown rule ....reviews are normally based on advertising $ spent. Even if your a perspective client you'll see great reviews compared to not being a client. Also it depends on your relationship with the reviewer. Example. I placed several full page ads in a well known publication for a certain company that the publications editor absolutely hated. This company had never placed very high on their chart and refused to give any editorial support. After a couple of grand was spent to advertise said company. amazingly they were in the top ten for the month and ultimately the editor was replaced with someone that would support the publications advertisers regardless of his or her personal view of the content in which that studio filmed.In other words...you've gotta pay to be loved sometimes!!
    R.J.Ragan
    All Boys Distribution
    www.allboysdistribution.com
    AIM:raganabdist
    1-877-5-ALLBOY

Lee, inexperienced reviewers are a lot more impressed with purty tours than they are with content since a lot of them don't really know how to check for bitrates or actual sizes and have their media players set up so all videos play the same size. does their site not have a score breakdown? most review sites break down the score in several or more categories.

rob, that's very rarely true. i've written reviews for over 40 sites and not ONE accepted payments for better reviews nor was there any other way to get a good review but to have a good site. they had no clients and since EVERY site they had a review of was a sponsor, the playing field was pretty level. a couple liked a more positive spin in the review - but that didn't change the scores more than a point at most. it sure wouldn't move it from a 1 to a 4. and it didn't change scores for things like content amount or quality at all.

rick
    There is a large review site that will give you a better score if you give their surfers a better price and/or give you a higher percentage/PPS. After being challenged, they openly admitted it and put something on their website explaining it.

Reviews are subjective, but I can't see how the same reviewer could review an identical site with such different reviews.

I have no idea who did the review, but if they're relatively new, it could be a situation where the content looked familiar, they weren't sure why, but it triggered a "oh this isn't so original" response perhaps.